+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: OT - Dutch F1 Grand Prix 2022

Well you saw Russell in a Williams for the 3 years, no matter your ability you can only do what you can do if the cars a dog but you have to at least show some promise or catch the eye and as you say the best drivers will always end up in the best teams so its hard to say how much is the car and how much is driver

Best argument for the car being the star is the 1978 Canadian GP (I told y’all I was a bit of an F1 encyclopaedia), when journeyman driver Jean Pierre ‘jumper’ Jarier (previous F1achievements: fffff*** all) was drafted in to drive the then dominant Lotus79 as a sub. He got pole position and shot off into the distance in the race for 50 laps til his gearbox ate itself. Then back to other cars and back to the back of the grid for the rest of his career

If he ever comes back to F1 Mazepin will never drive for one of the best teams, if he somehow got a place through money I feel confident he would never be WDC or close

Achievements "f all" - that is if you ignore 3 poles and 3 podium finishes in his career

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Achievements "f all" - that is if you ignore 3 poles and 3 podium finishes in his career
    I did

In light of the post race comments from Max about deliberately hitting Lewis as he had no chance himself of winning so decided to make sure Lewis wouldn't win either should the FIA take retrospective action and what would the penalty be now that both championships are won. The word toxic has been used extensively about redbull but I think it best describes the team, Marko, Horner and Max's dad have made it so, its just a horrible team now coupled with the overspend, 9 teams interpreted the rules correctly and one made a total hash of them

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)