+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Dutch F1 Grand Prix 2022

What use is a $7m fine to a team thats just won $150m prize money this season and probably near the same for the 2021 season, also to a team that was spending over $350m year to run the team now has to stay below $145m so has plenty of spare cash knocking around, yes fine them something but the main penalty had to be a sporting one, something that will hurt them in car performance just like the overspend increased the performance

No use really.

Its just a slap on the wrist. If that.

The excuse its only a marginal over spend doesnt really wash, last season when hamiltons rear wing was 0.2 mm out the FIA had a view that marginal means nothing, its over or its not, and he was disqualified from qualifying.

Disqualified him and confiscated the rear wing for 3 weeks for a 0.2mm infringement which was due to a mounting failure just on one side but the FIA did sod all about redbulls fluttering DRS flap for numerous races. Also when it was found that redbulls rear wing tilted backwards 27mm 😮 making it non compliant and illegal the FIA gave redbull 3 race weekends to design a legal one thus allowing them to race with an illegal wing 3 weekends in a row

Yes a pretty ‘nothing’ punishment, IMO tainting last years championship even more to those with an even view on the sport

apparently he boycotted Sky over the weekend because they still believe he was unfairly crowned World Champion last season.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    apparently he boycotted Sky over the weekend because they still believe he was unfairly crowned World Champion last season.
    Correct on the first count, ‘Sky’ haven’t corporately declared that but they appear to be standing by Ted Kravitz who said it. My view is the 2021 title will be forever tainted but it wasn’t exactly Max’s fault was it, so move on. Hopefully it was F1’s Roy Tinkler moment and they’ll learn from it, which so far I think they have

"Tinkler's decision" meant Leeds lost that game, so that a good outcome. No complaints here. Same with Verstappen 2021 title, he just drove the car, don't blame him for the incompetence of officials or budget improprieties. And it meant Hamilton list which is no bad thing either.

Hamilton list

Had Masi followed the rules, Lewis would have had his 8th title and taken Schumacher out of the record books. He should have followed the rules. Just my opinion.

He should have followed the rules. What he did was akin to a last game of the season football game and with one team 1 nil down but needing to win him suddenly awarding his favoured team 2 penalties even if no foul had been committed or the foul was in the centre circle.

Don't forget he also awarded max a race win for completing 2 laps under a safety car in spa which had never been done before.

As someone who paid for skysports for F1 I feel manipulation of results to make sure the favoured team won took the piss out of me and even moreso fans who paid a lot of money to go to races that year.

Of course you can't demand to get the results you want but what you can demand is a fair outcome which didn't happen.

Congratulations to Kevin Magnusson and Haas for claiming pole position for tomorrows F1 sprint race. I'm normally pretty uncompromising on cheating in sport, bloody hate it it, but I really hope he jumps the start tomorrow just so he has the 'glory' of leading a lap. He HAS said he's going to do something 'funny'

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)