I notice Kings Lynn are at Chester tomorrow, it seems like yesterday when United played there and Doggett was chairman.

He always was amongst the fans at the away end, and at Chester found a shoe, lifted it over his head, and shouted " anyone lost a shoe,", it was a female one, just like a dad.

The club wont see the likes of him again, his energy, his vision, his intelligence, his undoubted success. He got United out of the conference.

Only to be horribly betrayed by the George fellow and Barry, i know him leaving the club will have hurt him deeply. He lost a lot of money.

My very best wishes go to you sir, i will lift a glass to you tonight. If i ever owned United, i would put him in charge, and forget about it, because i know he will do whats right, to the best of his ability. Success would be guaranteed. If he couldnt make a success of it, he would say so.

Doggett leaving was as bad as Biley going, or Dublin, or any class player. Doggett leaving, and how he was treated is another chapter in the Amber book of total fc ups.