+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone.

For all we know he could have been good at his job.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Not sure what it all means but I really hope that TA and the Ogrens are staying invested
    If it's true they're looking for a second club I'd say buy the Texans out, merge the clubs, call the new club Dundee United and play in Tangerine 😎

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Don't think they would have sanctioned the cash for fees/wages on Fletcher McGrath Middleton Ross etc etc if they were planning to be away. But I'm sure the Alkmaar and Celtic results made them sit up a bit.

The delay in appointing a new coach is partly that we already have one on gardening leave.
    Who's on gardening leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Who's on gardening leave?
    Not certain by any means but the club said Ross had been relieved of his duties. I haven't seen anything saying he's left the club although I might be getting this wrong.

Why is nothing ever quiet,straightforward & run of the mill at united these days?

This is the only statement the Club have made

DUNDEE UNITED CAN CONFIRM HEAD COACH JACK ROSS HAS BEEN RELIEVED OF HIS DUTIES WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT.
    Liam Fox will take charge of the the first team on an interim basis with the focus now fully on Wednesday’s Premier Sports Cup match with Livingston.

No further comment will be issued by Dundee United at this stage.

Now that could mean he's been fired and paid off, but it might not. But it would also explain why MO said recruitment of a new Head Coach will take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Why is nothing ever quiet,straightforward & run of the mill at united these days?
    10 minutes into a 2 (?) year contract, that's a lot of pesetas, if he hasn't left the club that will be the reason I assume. But Mrs Stoke told me I was wrong several times 😁

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    This is the only statement the Club have made

DUNDEE UNITED CAN CONFIRM HEAD COACH JACK ROSS HAS BEEN RELIEVED OF HIS DUTIES WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT.
    Liam Fox will take charge of the the first team on an interim basis with the focus now fully on Wednesday’s Premier Sports Cup match with Livingston.

No further comment will be issued by Dundee United at this stage.
    Relieved of his duties = Gardening Leave

Still working with legal team as to how to proceed.

Has ink dried on his contract.

Lets hope we can get to Premier Sports Cup semi final so that the Ogrens get a wee bit of cash to keep going.

Main thing is that MO wants to continue the journey and project at Utd

Why does this need to be seen as anything bigger than a coach moving on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)