+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It looks like the package is going back to the way it was last season for the Hibs game...
    Good news,it looks like the new packages were not well received by the fans mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I sit just along from hospo in the GFU and its looked half empty every game so far and even on Sunday there it looked like there were more Celtic fans there than ours.
    Thanks for backing up what i had been told mate,its good that other posters can clearly see i was not stirring shyte just for the sake of it.Tony may get grief on loads of social media platform's but on here he is defended to the hilt by some posters to the point that telling the truth is sometimes best avoided.

I was sitting in the JK at the AZ game and noticed that the two sections of seats that they keep for the hospitality guests were practically empty.

I was thinking that it was strange, and what a shame that the best seats in the house were practically empty for a match that was being touted as a 'sell out'.

It was a bit extreme what they did but in comparison to last season, the ‘top’ package was (and still is) The Chairman’s Club which costed about £40 more than the Airlie Suite yet you got EXACTLY the same package, the only difference being that your seat was in the ETU rather than GFU. Clearly that made no sense and some sort of differential had to be implemented. What they did by getting rid of ALL drinks out with beer and wine in the Airlie went to the other extreme though. What they could have done in the Airlie was that you still had access to basic spirits such as voddie, gin and a blended whisky but if you wanted ‘premium’ stuff (Grey Goose, single malts, etc) then you paid extra. That’s fair enough I reckon.

Another company who pulled out was a Butchers in Happyhillock who were at Tannadice for 22 years with a hospo package.They were told that they were being charged extra for spirits even though they were paying £160 per person per game.When they also refused to renew this season they got a phone call telling them to come down and collect your advertising boards.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Thanks for backing up what i had been told mate,its good that other posters can clearly see i was not stirring shyte just for the sake of it.Tony may get grief on loads of social media platform's but on here he is defended to the hilt by some posters to the point that telling the truth is sometimes best avoided.
    To be fair, he's the Sporting Director so it'd think it's pretty unlikely he's have had anything to do with a decision about spirits in hospo?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Who will it be hurting exactly?,Tony gets a very fair crack of the whip on here.I have heard he's been slaughtered on Twitter and Facebook but i have never read any of these platform's.Good luck to his son though.who is the ex employee who has taken the club to a tribunal?.
    Plenty of folk right across social media with a dislike for TA, who seem hell bent on believing every negative story they can get a hold of mate, like the one that AA was only appointed because of his dad. Clearly now bullsh*t. Okay, they maybe won't be hurting but it's egg on face time. I suppose the people who make up and believe sh*te like that may well not give a f*ck. They'll just move on to another negative headline.

To be fair, he's the Sporting Director so it'd think it's pretty unlikely he's have had anything to do with a decision about spirits in hospo?
    He phoned the Butcher and told him to get rid of his advertising boards apparently.He was also involved with the bar owner last season when they fell out.Mind there were stories on here about the bouncer in the box?.

Maybe as the Sporting Director, he is responsible for everything that happens on match day? Whatever has happened, i have serious doubts that anyone posting on here has finite knowledge on the roles and responsibilities at Tannadice.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)