+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell (A)

Motherwell (A)

Another away test but this time on grass.
    Sounded like Fox asked Watt to play closer to Fletcher v Livi and can't understand why we weren't doing that before.

Motherwell seem to be resurgent so we will have to perform. Same 11 from Livi to start please.

Attitude, work ethic, commitment, high intensity, speed in attack all need to be there if we're going to get a result. Keep McGrath on corners.

Most would probably take a draw now, mad I know, but I think we'll win.

Definitely keep McGrath on corners, levitts floated crosses have been a waste the last season. I thought mwell would be poor this season but they are picking up points. Can’t see us score more than one, can’t see us not concede. Not feeling confident, 1-2.

Really hope that Well will blow as hot and cold as they did last season, but am i right in saying their games this season have been quite tight and could have ended either way?

Really hard one to call.

The lack of Defensive midfielder and poor Goalkeeper situation plays on my mind and could always prove costly and cause heads to drop. Otherwise i think we have a strong starting 11 that will start to click. Watt, Harkes, Mcgrath etc just play close to Fletcher and things will happen for us.

As above, the lack of a Fuchs or a Butcher means I think we HAVE to play the three at the back in the middle with Behich one side and IMO preferably Freeman on the other. This CAN be positive as well though because in possession it gives us an opportunity to flood the midfield and give real overlapping opportunities - particularly if The Sheep is on the right. I think Freeman is an immeasurably better RB than Smith and if we’re not careful he’ll be wanting to phuck off for lack of opportunities soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    As above, the lack of a Fuchs or a Butcher means I think we HAVE to play the three at the back in the middle with Behich one side and IMO preferably Freeman on the other. This CAN be positive as well though because in possession it gives us an opportunity to flood the midfield and give real overlapping opportunities - particularly if The Sheep is on the right. I think Freeman is an immeasurably better RB than Smith and if we’re not careful he’ll be wanting to phuck off for lack of opportunities soon.
    Sheep did fall away last season. He absolutely deserves a run of games in the rwb role though. I would use Smith as a defensive midfielder in the meantime. Really coach him into that role.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Sheep did fall away last season. He absolutely deserves a run of games in the rwb role though. I would use Smith as a defensive midfielder in the meantime. Really coach him into that role.
    But he cant defend or win the ball cleanly so that it goes for a throw. He's definitely not the solution and I personally think we should get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    But he cant defend or win the ball cleanly so that it goes for a throw. He's definitely not the solution and I personally think we should get rid.
    We dont have much option right now thats the only reason I'm suggesting it.

Think smith has done ok midfield, bit more mobile there than I expected. I don’t think he is as bad as some folk think, likewise I’m not convinced sheep is as good as some people think, I think he is quite slow, but he should definitely have been given more game time and provides more assists/goals from wing back.

Name:  Fbu5AvDXgAE8G3V.jpeg.jpg
Views: 1853
Size:  91.6 KB

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)