+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Matchday Thread - Southampton

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    With more matches, I expect Nunes-Neves to be one of the best midfield combos in the league.
    Nunes might be the difference between Ruben signing a new contract or not.

We still have an issue scoring goals, I’m not convinced Sasa is the answer… the last traditional centre forward we had, Willian Jose, was made to look very poor because of a lack of service.

We look like 4 strangers that have never met when we are in the final third.

Quote Originally Posted by sausagenegg View Post
    We look like 4 strangers that have never met when we are in the final third.
    👍 for a couple of seasons.

Let us not forget that Southampton put three past Chelsea in the week and have been playing well, with several new signings from last season. Because of the midweek match. apart from Collins, our new signings have had very little time to train with the squad, never mind getting to know each one's name. The new lad, Sasa, has probable had a few hours with the squad, and was suddenly thrust into the cauldron of the Premier League.

He took a warm welcome from two Saints players early in the game when he became a sandwich between them, and the impact drew blood. While later in the half he appeared to sustain a knee injury which prevented his second half return. For goodness sake lads give them time to adjust, get to know one another, train together and judge them in a few weeks time. This is always a problem when signings appear late in the window.

I thought we played well yesterday with Nunes outstanding, what a player we appear to have on our hands. Tall and powerful, he will be a real force for Wolves in the future. Collins and Kilman are forging a really good understanding and despite occasional lapse of concentration, proving to be a solid pair at the back. Is Collins really only twenty one? Neves and Moutinho ran the midfield, both picking up yellows in the process. I thought both Johnny and Ait Nouri were excellent, with the former unlucky not to score with a fierce drive late on.

Although Podence scuffed his shot it was a goal, and it won us a well earned three points. Now for a couple of easy games to help us climb the table.

Abbo, I wasn't even thinking about Sasa when I pointed out that we look like strangers in the final third.

As Norton concurred, it has been this way for the last couple of seasons.

It is common knowledge that we have struggled for goals in the last two seasons, 38 in 38 games last season, 36 in 38 the season before.

I cannot see it being any different this season yet I hope to be proven totally wrong.

I’m happy to be patient about the change in system and the integration of new players. It’s just a little bizarre that this ongoing problem with goal scoring hasn’t been resolved by all the changes that have been made to Manager, team, formation and tactics.
    Nunes is definitely going to help, just look at his assist yesterday, the effort against the bar against Bournemouth. The next four games are going to be tough enough without the pain of transition, I’d take four points now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)