+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watford Post Match Thoughts

Watford Post Match Thoughts

Football is a game of opinions and maybe it's a good job the only opinion that counts when writing the names on the team sheet is that of Paul Warne? A hard and well earned draw against a team who have been paid more for a parachute than all our team, club and stadium put together. Statistics again indicate it was a rearguard effort and we all know that it won't be the last one this season. It's also a good job we've got that young lad Wood in the team not only marshalling the defence but the only player who seems to know where the onion bag is.

Thoughts?

I didn't go as I didn't get home from Plymouth in time.
    I'll take a draw v Watford...I'll take a draw v Blades next Saturday then beat the 'weaker' sides after that.
    No doubt my lad will tell me about the game once he's home.
    Proud Miller yet again

that was a wonderful point against a very good team. 10 points in 7 games is a great achievement and we have to believe we can do a shock next week. Wood was excellent at both ends, and the whole team gave everything. If Washington could get a shot on target we could have even won that, very concerned by his shot ratio to shot on target ratio. Eaves runs a lot but not seeing any ability to make the ball stick when it comes to him and silly foul to give that free kick away near the end. However these are small things that can be worked on overall a wonderful results and performance.

Can't complain at a point against a well fancied side with financial clout. Plenty of endeavour and resilience, a little bit of quality here and there and a lot of luck when we invited pressure late on.
    Previous Rotherham Championship teams would have wilted and lost that match.
    Glad to see that Warne does know how to sub Wiles

Viktor with an outstanding save just after half time to help us to the point against a very fast and physical side.
    Woody was immense and I think I counted 4 Ollie Rathbones out there today. He was everywhere.

Shout out to Peltier who was solid and threw himself infront of countless shots.

Great point and battling show from front to back to restrict a super expensive team of huge talents to very few clear chances. Great to get the midfield back into their ratting best, breaking up play and fighting every ball after the worrying show in midweek. Great show again from young Cuffey, what a player he will turn out to be and what a pull from 'holding its back' Warney to get the trust off arsenal to develop him with us. Great also from Rathbone and the defensive line although the lack of quality playing out continues to cause most of our problems, and probably will always be so. Just not quality enough ball players but playing with so much heart.

Obviously, despite the hard work and running going on from Wash and Chio, it is hard to see where the goals are going to come from. Just gotta rely on Captain Hat to get 30.

Fantastic performance after the limp midweek outing. Viktor immense again, catching everything whilst not being to catch anything. Remarkable really.

They all deserve a few days off after a hectic few weeks. Let them refresh.

Look forward to seeing why Wood should be out the team once again, next week.

Top notch performance against a team full of quality,but yet again our strengths were equal to them.
    Well done to everyone concerned.
    UTM.

Absolutely excellent point. Me thinking we might just have evolved in this league.

We definitely had our moments but Watford are a wonderful team to watch, kind of like Swansea but with purpose, and they will probably be disappointed they didnt win it but we dug in, contested every ball, and also had some great moments ourselves that came to nothing.
    As it stands we have nobody up front who can hold the ball up, which is causing us no end of problems, but we press teams so hard that they also rush passes and give the ball away. Rathbone was immense but a fantastic point against a team that, for me anyway, are a shoe in for at least a play off place. UTM

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast