+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable performance

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    It is a bit of a worry but there were a few who warned about this league at the beginning of the season after some thought we would breeze through it. What is Ruben Junior doing now. I know he wasnt in Wullie's plans but he did cause a bit of issues for defences?
    He is at Maidenhead - all last years players new teams apart from Debayo are listed on the Official Queens site last week

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    It is a bit of a worry but there were a few who warned about this league at the beginning of the season after some thought we would breeze through it. What is Ruben Junior doing now. I know he wasnt in Wullie's plans but he did cause a bit of issues for defences?
    He was an absolute diddy.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I completely agree that our first half performances are appalling in the league, - and we cannot keep shipping goals and then hope to resolve the problem in the 2nd 45.

Despite the fact that our goalkeeper has saved many penalties this season, (and for that he should be applauded,) - the fact is that other teams know they can bully him,- particularly because of his lack of height, - and for that reason I think he should be rested and Fox brought into bring a sense of calm and confidence at the back. I'd also like to see faster, more composed defenders being utilised, and wonder if the Muir lad is not a better option than McKay?

It's also time to bring in the 6 foot 4 inch striker to strike fear into opposing defences, - allowing Paton and Connelly 'et al' to run at defenders and cause all sorts of havoc. On paper, - Queens have all the components to dismantle the opposition, - we're just not being bossy enough, - and that stems from the midfield as has been said many times, - by many more competent people than me.

To conclude: - I would like to add that Queens had 3 games last week, and played extremely well at Ibrox, - wo we need to cut them a little slack at the moment, - but should these performances continue this month, - then some serious questions would have to be asked.
    Serious questions of who tho jardi. The board? The manager? The players? I was praising the team from the roof tops after the st Johnstone game and genuinely thought we were in for a memorable season, but the performances from players and the tactics used since then have been shameful. Yes we were decent against rangers but look at what we were playing that night. The performance against Falkirk and Dunfermline were embarrassing and we got lucky against airdrie. For me it’s been as bad as last season to date

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Divsion two bound... No doubt. Players are gutless, spineless and clueless.Not one prepared to put in any kind of effort. Frightening times ahead.
    Mad to think this is the same team who thumped the undefeated championship leaders Ayr United earlier this season. Young Ryan Muir was outstanding that night and now can’t even get on the bench.

My point exactly Arrol. Change the keeper; bring in Ryan Muir in defence who is mobile; solidify midfield as has been mentioned many times; stick Ewan Bange at 6 foot 4 inches up front and allow our pacy attackers to run at defences.

The ingredients are all there, - they just need to be baked in.

As for Fatfan, I don't need to stroke the t's and dot the i's, - he knows precisely who I'm referring to with regards to the serious questions!

My point exactly Arrol. Change the keeper; bring in Ryan Muir in defence who is mobile; solidify midfield as has been mentioned many times; stick Ewan Bange at 6 foot 4 inches up front and allow our pacy attackers to run at defences.

As for Fatfan, I don't need to stroke the t's and dot the i's, - he knows precisely who I'm referring to with regards to the serious questions!
    Ryan Muir would walk into that team right now. He’s young , fit , fast and knows what it’s all about to pull on the famous Queens shirt.
    Hopefully the big striker can help players like Gavin Reilly who has a thankless task at times playing up front.

Time for Gibson to make a few changes starting from this weekend IMO.

Jardi I really must be missing something here. I have absolutely no idea what you mean. Like is said. Are you meaning the board, the manager or the players? And what questions exactly? Like I said it must be something I am missing regarding the serious questions part

Yes you are missing something (with regards to my inference). I've made it quite clear and I'm leaving it at that.

Yes you are missing something (with regards to my inference). I've made it quite clear and I'm leaving it at that.
    Jardi come on. I’m assuming you have some form of information from the inside. Surely you can’t say something like this without spilling the beans. That’s like buying a newspaper with no print on the inside pages.

It is clear to all that Wullie is a fan first and foremost so he is so frustrated with the players by the way they are starting games. He has big decisions to make this weekend as to who amongst the squad are prepared to give their all for the team and more importantly the suffering supporters. If Wullie cannot get the reaction required then we will need to look for someone who can. The clock is ticking for Oor Wullie to get the best out of the squad that he has assembled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)