+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable performance

Unacceptable performance

yet again this afternoon.

Make no doubts about it Wullie is under pressure already. He’s been backed fully by the BOD and so far it’s not worked out. Still early doors yes , but it’s the manner of the defeats and performances that’s a major concern.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    yet again this afternoon.

Make no doubts about it Wullie is under pressure already. He’s been backed fully by the BOD and so far it’s not worked out. Still early doors yes , but it’s the manner of the defeats and performances that’s a major concern.
    I’ve got to agree. Particularly after todays performance. A keeper that is struggling. Centre half’s that are static and struggled with Dunfermline movement. No pace in midfield and nobody breaking forward. A centre forward offering little movement. Dubious formations, doubts for me about team selection.. I could keep going.
    I was so enthusiastic after the st Johnstone performance but the decline has been shocking. I would love to ask the manager why
    1 he has persevered with a keeper selling soft goals
    2 why is Wilson being left on the bench when he is one player who physically gives us a bit of power in the middle
    3 why does he insist in playing one up front
    4 why is there never any width in the side
    5 why does Ruth never start when he has impressed when he comes on
    6 why is Paton taking penalties when everyone knows his finishing is poor at best
    7 why is there such a lack of pace in the side

There are so many other questions. We have hoped for play offs at least this season but after seeing the past two weeks I’d just be happy with avoiding relegation

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    I’ve got to agree. Particularly after todays performance. A keeper that is struggling. Centre half’s that are static and struggled with Dunfermline movement. No pace in midfield and nobody breaking forward. A centre forward offering little movement. Dubious formations, doubts for me about team selection.. I could keep going.
    I was so enthusiastic after the st Johnstone performance but the decline has been shocking. I would love to ask the manager why
    1 he has persevered with a keeper selling soft goals
    2 why is Wilson being left on the bench when he is one player who physically gives us a bit of power in the middle
    3 why does he insist in playing one up front
    4 why is there never any width in the side
    5 why does Ruth never start when he has impressed when he comes on
    6 why is Paton taking penalties when everyone knows his finishing is poor at best
    7 why is there such a lack of pace in the side

There are so many other questions. We have hoped for play offs at least this season but after seeing the past two weeks I’d just be happy with avoiding relegation
    Cannot argue with any of these points - once again the bigger, faster, more aggressive team won and tbh it could / should have been a bigger defeat.

Divsion two bound... No doubt. Players are gutless, spineless and clueless.Not one prepared to put in any kind of effort. Frightening times ahead.

Nothing positive to take from yesterday. The problems are piling up for Wullie unfortunately. We desperately needed someone combative in midfield last season and the problem is still here. We simply are not strong enough to have three attacking players on the pitch unless Paton plays right midfield as he at least stands up to the physical side. The midfield 4 need to win tackles the opposition stroll through time and again and we just drop runners while never making these runs ourselves.
    East was the only positive we could really do with someone like him all over the pitch.
    Dunfermline were well drilled and won at a canter. The number 6 MacDonald had an excellent first half he looked a real player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Divsion two bound... No doubt. Players are gutless, spineless and clueless.Not one prepared to put in any kind of effort. Frightening times ahead.
    Apart from the poor displays Queens are serving up - or that is the reason - the attendances at Palmy are worrying with I would guess under 1,000 home fans there yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by qosdreamer View Post
    Nothing positive to take from yesterday. The problems are piling up for Wullie unfortunately. We desperately needed someone combative in midfield last season and the problem is still here. We simply are not strong enough to have three attacking players on the pitch unless Paton plays right midfield as he at least stands up to the physical side. The midfield 4 need to win tackles the opposition stroll through time and again and we just drop runners while never making these runs ourselves.
    East was the only positive we could really do with someone like him all over the pitch.
    Dunfermline were well drilled and won at a canter. The number 6 MacDonald had an excellent first half he looked a real player.
    I beg to differ. We do have physical players in midfield in Wilson and Paton. One is generally played
    Up front, despite the fact he can’t hit a barn door from 5 yards and the other is left on the bench. That is down to the manager who seems to believe we are strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Apart from the poor displays Queens are serving up - or that is the reason - the attendances at Palmy are worrying with I would guess under 1,000 home fans there yesterday.
    And what exactly is attractive about coming to Palmerston? I go more out of habit if I’m honest and live in the hope things will change.
    Someone mentioned that we are going to be looking at league 2 if we don’t start shaping up, but to be honest the last few weeks have shown that is our level as a club. It’s a complete shambles from top to bottom. When you compare the way the club was heading 10 years ago the decline is nothing short of embarrassing

It is a bit of a worry but there were a few who warned about this league at the beginning of the season after some thought we would breeze through it. What is Ruben Junior doing now. I know he wasnt in Wullie's plans but he did cause a bit of issues for defences?

I completely agree that our first half performances are appalling in the league, - and we cannot keep shipping goals and then hope to resolve the problem in the 2nd 45.

Despite the fact that our goalkeeper has saved many penalties this season, (and for that he should be applauded,) - the fact is that other teams know they can bully him,- particularly because of his lack of height, - and for that reason I think he should be rested and Fox brought into bring a sense of calm and confidence at the back. I'd also like to see faster, more composed defenders being utilised, and wonder if the Muir lad is not a better option than McKay?

It's also time to bring in the 6 foot 4 inch striker to strike fear into opposing defences, - allowing Paton and Connelly 'et al' to run at defenders and cause all sorts of havoc. On paper, - Queens have all the components to dismantle the opposition, - we're just not being bossy enough, - and that stems from the midfield as has been said many times, - by many more competent people than me.

To conclude: - I would like to add that Queens had 3 games last week, and played extremely well at Ibrox, - wo we need to cut them a little slack at the moment, - but should these performances continue this month, - then some serious questions would have to be asked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)