+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The £ v the $

I am due to fly to Australia in November for our annual visit to daughter and family. I am hoping that gives the Australian Govt long enough time to change their regulations.

They have just announced that passengers on flights out of Australia don’t have to have masks on and from 9th September internal don’t either.

However all international flights into Australia passengers still need to wear masks. Going to be a long flight to Perth unless there are so changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I am due to fly to Australia in November for our annual visit to daughter and family. I am hoping that gives the Australian Govt long enough time to change their regulations.

They have just announced that passengers on flights out of Australia don’t have to have masks on and from 9th September internal don’t either.

However all international flights into Australia passengers still need to wear masks. Going to be a long flight to Perth unless there are so changes!
    Are you flying direct to Perth from Heathrow o the non stop Quantas flight Yarm?

That’s my plan next time I travel to Australia as I hate Dubai airport.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Are you flying direct to Perth from Heathrow o the non stop Quantas flight Yarm?

That’s my plan next time I travel to Australia as I hate Dubai airport.
    I am with you on Dubai, hate the place, it is far too big and has ready outgrown itself. Was so much better 15 years ago.

We now look to either Singapore or Qatar. There was a far better deal on Qatar when we booked so going with them this time. Doha is a great airport actually, very modern, very clean and plenty of facilities and no where as busy as Dubai. Not up to Changi’s standard in Singapore but still a great airport.

When we stop over, especially when we go to NZ with Oz on the way back we always go to Singapore as we love the city and we will be doing that in December 2023.

Without boring you I have a blood clotting issue which means I cannot safely do the direct flight, I have to have several injections as it is! To be honest I am not so sure that I would want to do it anyway. Not a fan of the Dreamliner I know many are but not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I am with you on Dubai, hate the place, it is far too big and has ready outgrown itself. Was so much better 15 years ago.

We now look to either Singapore or Qatar. There was a far better deal on Qatar when we booked so going with them this time. Doha is a great airport actually, very modern, very clean and plenty of facilities and no where as busy as Dubai. Not up to Changi’s standard in Singapore but still a great airport.

When we stop over, especially when we go to NZ with Oz on the way back we always go to Singapore as we love the city and we will be doing that in December 2023.

Without boring you I have a blood clotting issue which means I cannot safely do the direct flight, I have to have several injections as it is! To be honest I am not so sure that I would want to do it anyway. Not a fan of the Dreamliner I know many are but not for me.

Like everywhere - some like Dubai and some hate it. We love it and it's in the top five spotlessly clean places in the world and service is amazing. Hotels are fantastic and not tired like Spain.

Dubai airport - great for shops and restaurants and so clean with loads and loads of staff on hand! Even cleaners constantly in the toilets.
    If you like filthy dirty airports like Manchester or Newcastle where toilets are disgusting, restaurants are filthy, litter and long queues then hey there's no problem!

Very few seaside resorts I like in this country as weather s hite and most of them full of beer drinking, fish and chip eating yobs and filthy or immigrants/DHSS. Again though - it's whatever floats your boat!

Problem in this country with airports - nobody wants to work for the pathetic minimum wage which until this increases there will be staffing issues!

Closing in on free fall unless more interest hikes.

The British pound has hit its lowest level against the US dollar in almost four decades.
    Just after 2pm on Wednesday, sterling fell to $1.1407, according to Refinitiv data - its lowest point since 1985.
    The pound has lost more than 15% against the dollar so far this year, hurt by both the dollar's strength and the gloomy economic outlook for the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Closing in on free fall unless more interest hikes.

The British pound has hit its lowest level against the US dollar in almost four decades.
    Just after 2pm on Wednesday, sterling fell to $1.1407, according to Refinitiv data - its lowest point since 1985.
    The pound has lost more than 15% against the dollar so far this year, hurt by both the dollar's strength and the gloomy economic outlook for the UK.
    It’s great new for our exports though.......oh....!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s great new for our exports though.......oh....!

Exports are still f ucked because of Brexit and now EU Customers have to pay customs fees many products are too expensive so sales are vastly down with many companies!

Importing as we do with the dollar cost! When the dollar gets worse our prices increase! I would rather keep the profit levels as opposed to volume or turnover. One warehouse person was given his cards last week sadly and other costs will be cut. Sadly we are not a charity so have to do whatever it takes!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Exports are still f ucked because of Brexit and now EU Customers have to pay customs fees many products are too expensive so sales are vastly down with many companies!
    Oh so true....If I buy from UK now, I can add on at least 25% to the end price over here. 21% customs and another 4% handling charges (paper work)
    My buying from UK has dropped of the charts and also many UK based companies no longer ship to Republic because of the excess bureaucracy involved now.
    I am right this minute watching a shipment of mine (from UK) that has arrived here in Dublin and waiting to see just how much extra I will be charged..

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Oh so true....If I buy from UK now, I can add on at least 25% to the end price over here. 21% customs and another 4% handling charges (paper work)
    My buying from UK has dropped of the charts and also many UK based companies no longer ship to Republic because of the excess bureaucracy involved now.
    I am right this minute watching a shipment of mine (from UK) that has arrived here in Dublin and waiting to see just how much extra I will be charged..

Brexit has ruined export sales to the EU and EU customs charge whatever they like. Germany have demanded ridiculous charges on some of our exports and no reasoning with them - either pay it or goods get sent back to the U.K.!

The U.K. is well and truly f ucked!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Brexit has ruined export sales to the EU and EU customs charge whatever they like. Germany have demanded ridiculous charges on some of our exports and no reasoning with them - either pay it or goods get sent back to the U.K.!

The U.K. is well and truly f ucked!

In that case this is an opportunity for Labour then isn't it?

Next General Election, run on a platform to rejoin the Eu.

Oh wait........they'll be scared of not regaining "The Red Wall" seats.

As usual, not knowing which way to face and thus continue standing for nothing.

They should show a set of bo l l ox, stop worrying about the above and attract the Eu type Tory voters and the wasted Lib Dem vote and maybe regain a few Scottish seats from the SNP by being pro Eu like Sturgeon.

I'm past caring whether we stay out or go back into the Eu but if I was the Labour leader I would be driving this policy home to my MP's and to my grassroots and telling them they need to either sign up or find another home.

I have absolutely no doubt Labour would win a landslide and that a second referendum would see at least a 55% to 45% vote in favour of a return to the Eu and it'd probably destroy the Tory party.

I don't know who advises Labour but whoever they are they're idiots, they need to rad the above.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)