+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dyche - a little bet.

It’s been two weeks BT since you started this thread and that’s a long time in football politics. Ranieri won the Premier League and then got the push. Leicester are rock bottom and going nowhere fast. Is it still Rogers out? If so, who will be in? Thomas Frank? Sean Dyche? Why not a sensational return by Nigel Pearson to the King Power for a third spell in charge?!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    It’s been two weeks BT since you started this thread and that’s a long time in football politics. Ranieri won the Premier League and then got the push. Leicester are rock bottom and going nowhere fast. Is it still Rogers out? If so, who will be in? Thomas Frank? Sean Dyche? Why not a sensational return by Nigel Pearson to the King Power for a third spell in charge?!
    The death of the nation's favourite quietened down the speculation Sir Outwood, football politics will resume tomorrow, make no mistake.

10 games into the season, it's getting squeaky bum time for a lot of clubs, a lot of owners are getting twitchy. I'll be very surprised indeed if Sean is still out of work halfway through October.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'll have a few quid bet that Dyche is the new manager at Leicester City before Thursday.
    Better late than never...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/s...FmPvr67UssRmKY

I really don’t think Dyche will get this job or any other shall we say bigger Premiership clubs as he doesn’t fit the mould does he ?

Points for - worked on small budget
    Took small town club to premier and kept them there several seasons
    Built infrastructure at club for security

Points against

Negative style of football
    Only bought / interested in British players
    Stubbornness
    Wants control of a lot at the club
    Ignore youth at the club
    Can’t attract players to the club

Whilst I accept some of the negative is wrapped up in did the club back him - was he supported etc etc

The answer ! we’ll never know but for the record , the new owners did (imo anyway )and we still chose to carry on with negative hoofball .

As I said many times we owe Dyche a medal
    Of honour for sure ( here’s the but )

But if you owned another club be it Forest / Leicester etc and you’d watched Burnley for the last 3-4 years , would you want to take the chance of seeing that style of football at your club even if you thought you could survive playing more expansive styles with a alternative manager in place ?

Imo anyway for what it’s worth - and I go every home and some away games - it drove me mad it was depressing to watch and utterly boring - so the question is a tough one for the clubs looking for managers / or sacking them shortly
    Can you put up with / chance that to stay in the league and going forward ( not just surviving now ).

I’m guessing most will pass - a championship club maybe would gamble on him to get to the promise land( he has good form at that ) - after that I’m struggling .

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I really don’t think Dyche will get this job or any other shall we say bigger Premiership clubs as he doesn’t fit the mould does he ?

Points for - worked on small budget
    Took small town club to premier and kept them there several seasons
    Built infrastructure at club for security

Points against

Negative style of football
    Only bought / interested in British players
    Stubbornness
    Wants control of a lot at the club
    Ignore youth at the club
    Can’t attract players to the club

Whilst I accept some of the negative is wrapped up in did the club back him - was he supported etc etc

The answer ! we’ll never know but for the record , the new owners did (imo anyway )and we still chose to carry on with negative hoofball .

As I said many times we owe Dyche a medal
    Of honour for sure ( here’s the but )

But if you owned another club be it Forest / Leicester etc and you’d watched Burnley for the last 3-4 years , would you want to take the chance of seeing that style of football at your club even if you thought you could survive playing more expansive styles with a alternative manager in place ?

Imo anyway for what it’s worth - and I go every home and some away games - it drove me mad it was depressing to watch and utterly boring - so the question is a tough one for the clubs looking for managers / or sacking them shortly
    Can you put up with / chance that to stay in the league and going forward ( not just surviving now ).

I’m guessing most will pass - a championship club maybe would gamble on him to get to the promise land( he has good form at that ) - after that I’m struggling .
    I can't remember the exact circumstances army88, but we were playing Palace away at Selhurst Park in an EPL game, Dyche was in charge, and it was a "must win" game.

Dyche went 5-3-2, we won 2-0 and stayed up comfortably in the end. He could only play with what he had at his disposal, SD is not a dinosaur and I hope he gets the chance to prove what he can do with a proper EPL quality 25-player squad.

Vinny has constantly referred to having only 4 players of "asset value" to sell-on and seems mystified why so many "aging" players were allowed to go out of contract and not be shifted 2 years ago. Garlick has a lot to answer for IMHO.

If I was the owner of an EPL club that was currently in the $hit, I'd be on the 'phone to SD in a flash.

I can't remember the exact circumstances army88, but we were playing Palace away at Selhurst Park in an EPL game, Dyche was in charge, and it was a "must win" game.

Dyche went 5-3-2, we won 2-0 and stayed up comfortably in the end. He could only play with what he had at his disposal, SD is not a dinosaur and I hope he gets the chance to prove what he can do with a proper EPL quality 25-player squad.

Vinny has constantly referred to having only 4 players of "asset value" to sell-on and seems mystified why so many "aging" players were allowed to go out of contract and not be shifted 2 years ago. Garlick has a lot to answer for IMHO.

If I was the owner of an EPL club that was currently in the $hit, I'd be on the 'phone to SD in a flash.
    I get all that BT , thing is we were just the perfect fit for him - loyal fans as well to his project , even when he eventually got the boot the good folk we’re behind him.

Like I said it didn’t do for me last few years you could count on two hands the good games / performances.

My real point was it’s a double edge sword would a successful club with money take a chance on a no nonsense manager with premier league experience but most of it survival and backs to the wall for 80 mins a game , I don’t think they will , maybe a short contract to try and keep a team up who’s at the bottom reaches,

It would be imo anyway a championship club perhaps like a Middlesbrough or West Brom who know what’s needed as they’ve been there before.

I wish him well except against us of course , it was a fairytale while it lasted - he just ran out of ideas in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I get all that BT , thing is we were just the perfect fit for him - loyal fans as well to his project , even when he eventually got the boot the good folk we’re behind him.

Like I said it didn’t do for me last few years you could count on two hands the good games / performances.

My real point was it’s a double edge sword would a successful club with money take a chance on a no nonsense manager with premier league experience but most of it survival and backs to the wall for 80 mins a game , I don’t think they will , maybe a short contract to try and keep a team up who’s at the bottom reaches,

It would be imo anyway a championship club perhaps like a Middlesbrough or West Brom who know what’s needed as they’ve been there before.

I wish him well except against us of course , it was a fairytale while it lasted - he just ran out of ideas in the end.
    I think he simply ran out of players army88. Dale Stephens never stood a chance, did he?

Are you saying Dyche is the new Big Sam Army??

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    Are you saying Dyche is the new Big Sam Army??
    Suppose we won’t know Will until he gets the job at a bottom 3 club trying to survive,

Reality is though I think he’ll be at a championship club , could he do it all again somewhere else though ?

I’m not sure it would be that easy to create what he did at Burnley somewhere else, Garlick for his faults money wise allowed him to basically do as he pleased - most clubs wouldn’t allow that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)