+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maxwell Cornet

Maxwell Cornet

Not exactly setting London alight our Max, West Ham are finding goals and wins hard to come by, but Moyes doesn't seem to think Max is the answer, he plays him in the Europa League, but he hasn't been sighted in the last two PL games. No doubt the money's good though.

Maxy will be laughing all the way to the bank, I've no doubt.

Attachment 22497

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Maxy will be laughing all the way to the bank, I've no doubt.

Attachment 22497
    No doubt mon ami, I always smile at the expressions of sympathy, outrage even, when a top manager gets sacked, their bank managers, accountants and agents can't stop smirking. I would imagine Scott Parker will be well peed off, until he gets the cheque.

I mentioned this previously that perhaps Cornett looked very good because he was surrounded by 'average' players. Now he is surrounded by bonifide premiership and full international players it turns out he is 'average' and struggling to get in to the team.
    I did read that Moyes thought he was quite a lazy player who didn't 'shine' during ytraining.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    I mentioned this previously that perhaps Cornett looked very good because he was surrounded by 'average' players. Now he is surrounded by bonifide premiership and full international players it turns out he is 'average' and struggling to get in to the team.
    I did read that Moyes thought he was quite a lazy player who didn't 'shine' during ytraining.
    Makes me wonder why they bought him?

I loved Maxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    You need quality to get quality. If you're average you don't shine by being surrounded by average. Maxwell has proved he's quality.

Bloody hell, Max has set London alight now, only came on in the 86th minute, hit the post and then had a last minute equaliser ruled after one of the most ludicrous VARs you'll ever see. Won't have done him any harm, either with Moyes or the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Bloody hell, Max has set London alight now, only came on in the 86th minute, hit the post and then had a last minute equaliser ruled after one of the most ludicrous VARs you'll ever see. Won't have done him any harm, either with Moyes or the fans.
    VAR - WTF did we ever do without it.

Everton had a goal disallowed yesterday that bordered on the farcical.

I've just watched Brighton have a goal disallowed after a "clear and obvious error" took all of five minutes to come up with a decision.

Farcical hardly covers it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    VAR - WTF did we ever do without it.

Everton had a goal disallowed yesterday that bordered on the farcical.

I've just watched Brighton have a goal disallowed after a "clear and obvious error" took all of five minutes to come up with a decision.

Farcical hardly covers it.
    It's exactly what they all wanted because they were moaning about officials all the time.
    VAR is the answer to everything and will enable fans to see the 'perfect' game of football ----in due course.

IN 1990, they introduced the 4th Official, whose primary task is to stand on the touchline and get grievous bodily earache from both benches. In those days, there were 11 players on each side and two subs from each side on the bench. The games were more physical, officials did their job with the occasional mistake, we enjoyed going to matches, which lasted 90ish minutes and chewed the cud about it in the pub afterwards.
    In recent times, we have come to a point where there are 20 players from each team in a matchday squad fro each team and 16 of those can be used in a game. We still have 3 onfield officials, plus the 4th official and then we have added a VAR and Assistant VAR who sit a very long way from the grounds and can dictate what the match officials should or should not do ------all thanks to the media. The game still lasts 90ish minutes, however, at the top level now, we do not really talk about the match, fans talk about VAR and its effect. For this pleasure thay are paying megabucks and can't honestly say that they have enjoyed some games.
    All this is in FIFA's quest to present the 'perfect' game of footballl and they have messed around with The Laws of the Game and their interpretation to achieve this. Instead of continuing this quest, which they will never achieve, they would do well to look at just what they have done in the last 30 plus years, aided and abetted by the media, in trying to have digital technology take over what is basically a simple game which used to be enjoyable. Wouldn't it be lovely to see a player celebrate scoring a goal without wondering whether or not it will count. Dream on folks, it isn't going to happen!

VAR is such a sick joke that I wasn't overly fussed when we didn't get the handball pen at WBA, the ref didn't see it, the liner missed it, we were robbed, the game went on. One or two comments afterwards, but no one made a fuss about it.

You win some, you lose some, it is what it is, refs don't see everything, football as it should be, they can stick VAR right up their fecking arses for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)