+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rams Rivals

Dont be surprised if our moderator deletes one or more of your tactical duplicates then, as he should do

Rivals in L1, Wycombe. Hope we thrash them and their whiny little owner cries like a baby when our fans chant about his ***ual depravities.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Rivals in L1, Wycombe. Hope we thrash them and their whiny little owner cries like a baby when our fans chant about his ***ual depravities.
    Surely not, Sith. If that’s the case it’s a measure of how far we’ve fallen. I’d hope genuine ‘rivalries’ have more to them than the temporary animosity that exists between us and Wycombe or Boro’.

I too hope we ‘thrash’ them but real rivalries - Liverpool/Everton, Man.U/Liverpool, Newcastle/Sunderland, Tottenham/Arsenal, Celtic/Rangers, Oldham/Rochdale (), Portsmouth/Southampton, Ipswich/Norwich, Us and...them - are built on more than two rich men’s squabbles.

I'm a bit 'off piste' on this one!
    For me it depends on your definition of rivals, I only consider a rival if you are in direct conflict with them and that means, at present, every club in L1! We/I just simply hate Leeds for historical reasons, as for Florist they don't figure anywhere on my interested in who or what they are list whilst Man U on the other hand....... enough said!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    For me it depends on your definition of rivals, I only consider a rival if you are in direct conflict with them and that means, at present, every club in L1! We/I just simply hate Leeds for historical reasons, as for Florist they don't figure anywhere on my interested in who or what they are list whilst Man U on the other hand....... enough said!
    Moan Yew. From the mid 60s they went 26 or 27 years without being Champions of England. Everybody connected with the club from the board to the fans were crying into their beer because "all those no mark clubs keep winning OUR League title, the one to which we are entitled each year". Add in 1976, Hillsborough, where a close family friend and fellow Ram collapsed from a heart attack outside after the game. While he was receiving medical assistance, Red tw@s were walking past saying "die you *******, die". He did. They are on another barren run. Long may that continue.

That comment should be of interest to the researchers, mac. I think you’re the longest established Rams’ fan on here and yet you identify Leeds and Man U as much more meaningful rivals than Forest.
    As you imply I suppose much of that is due to the fact that during our heydays of about half a century ago Forest really weren’t much of a threat or, second time around, even in the top division.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 07-09-2022 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That comment should be of interest to the researchers, mac. I think you’re the longest established Rams’ fan on here and yet you identify Leeds and Man U as much more meaningful rivals than Forest.
    As you imply I suppose much of that is due to the fact that during our heydays of about half a century ago Forest really weren’t much of a threat or, second time around, even in the top division.
    To me your rivals change according to the current situation. We are in L1 whilst Florist are in the PL so I couldn't care less about them. MA makes a very heartfelt post about their vile fans which raises a different issue. If we're talking about clubs' fans then, as I say Leeds and Man U have some of the most vile, full of their own pissing importance ones going! You can include Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea in that list as well! All clubs have some vile fans us included but I don't put the Trent lot at the top of that list.
    It is true that way back when the above five clubs were our rivals whilst also having the ****tiest fans. They remain on my hate list for the latter reason. On a personal basis if I had a choice of Leeds relegated or Forest relegated from the PL then the Reds can stay up!

To me your rivals change according to the current situation. We are in L1 whilst Florist are in the PL so I couldn't care less about them. MA makes a very heartfelt post about their vile fans which raises a different issue. If we're talking about clubs' fans then, as I say Leeds and Man U have some of the most vile, full of their own pissing importance ones going! You can include Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea in that list as well! All clubs have some vile fans us included but I don't put the Trent lot at the top of that list.
    It is true that way back when the above five clubs were our rivals whilst also having the ****tiest fans. They remain on my hate list for the latter reason. On a personal basis if I had a choice of Leeds relegated or Forest relegated from the PL then the Reds can stay up!
    Agreed...which is probably why I think of Sheffield Wednesday as being our main rivals this season...shared aspiration, history and proximity.
    As you say, ‘all clubs have some vile fans’ and I don’t suppose the incident MA refers to is typical of United fans although I understand how scarring it must have been.
    Last season one of my best mates was fighting bowel cancer. He comes from Nottingham and supports Forest. In his darkest moments, and there were lots, Forest’s success helped him enormously and I could never begrudge him that. Likewise he told me he wanted Derby to survive because, lifelong rivalry apart, he always thought of Derby as a proper ‘football town’ and would never want a club to go out of existence in a way that seemed quite likely at one point.
    I suppose they’re just examples of healthy grown up rivalry which personally I much prefer to the toxicity which is sometimes present at ‘derby’ matches.

I consider Wednesday a PL club in real terms, a club suffering from poor management either on the pitch or in the boardroom or both. Like us they have the potential to cope at the top table but potential is no guarantee, it's time they got back up there. However, they have some real arsehole fans and I had the misfortune to be on the receiving end once. Luckily two decent Wednesday fans came to my rescue! Should be two lively affairs when we play them with decent crowds, yes they are real rivals.......... this season that is!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Surely not, Sith. If that’s the case it’s a measure of how far we’ve fallen. I’d hope genuine ‘rivalries’ have more to them than the temporary animosity that exists between us and Wycombe or Boro’.

I too hope we ‘thrash’ them but real rivalries - Liverpool/Everton, Man.U/Liverpool, Newcastle/Sunderland, Tottenham/Arsenal, Celtic/Rangers, Oldham/Rochdale (), Portsmouth/Southampton, Ipswich/Norwich, Us and...them - are built on more than two rich men’s squabbles.
    Not long term no, but the boro games last season were built up a lot because of what had gone on, and i fully expect him to receive a hostile reception later this month.

I would love if if somehow we could be the team that sends them down, not likely i know but an awful person who colluded with gibson and the efl to try and destroy our club.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)