+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hallam Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Yet here we are hoping for repercussions for Chesterfield. Regardless of what has happened and how it all started, I hope he makes a full recovery soon.
    If as suggested there is history between the 2. The best way would have been on the pitch… not in the car park. You could easily break a players leg, and maybe get a 3 game ban.
    Apparently Jones was a sub that didn't get any game time, if it was him.

In this scenario, I would think some form of sanction might apply to the club as well as the player. If there is a ruckus on the pitch, the club gets fined for failing to control their players. I'd imagine it'll be financial rather than any sporting punishment like a points deduction.

I find chesterfield an abhorrent club. With the furlough, jumping the queue for vaccine, the James Rowe saga and now this and the lack of any well wishing for the injured party, they just seem a scummy club

Yet here we are hoping for repercussions for Chesterfield. Regardless of what has happened and how it all started, I hope he makes a full recovery soon.
    If as suggested there is history between the 2. The best way would have been on the pitch… not in the car park. You could easily break a players leg, and maybe get a 3 game ban.
    Are you seriously advocating an assault on the pitch, as that is what it would be. Deliberate leg-breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Without knowing the full story it wouldn't be fair to judge.
    Quite right, but it has made me add a bag of popcorn to the shopping list!

If one player deliberately broke another player’s leg on the pitch he would be done for GBH

What an unsavoury football club Chesterfield are.

I can imagine the player in question will receive a lifetime ban if this is true. I highly doubt Chesterfield will receive any punishment other than perhaps a small fine.

Never a dull moment with them lot is there?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Are you seriously advocating an assault on the pitch, as that is what it would be. Deliberate leg-breaking.
    Not at all. I was merely pointing out that it would be easier to defend a case when smashing someone on the pitch. What happened to Keane after he wrote what he did about his tackle in Haaland? Yes he didn’t break his leg, but the injury was no less severe. It’s harder to prove intent on a football pitch compared to kicking the **** out of someone on a car park.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    If one player deliberately broke another player’s leg on the pitch he would be done for GBH
    Prove it was deliberate. That’s my point. If player A wanted retribution against player B, there are ways of doing so without providing concrete proof of a criminal offence.

As their main rivals, I was interested to see what the six-fingered lot's take would be on this rumour.

You have to go to 1:46 on page 389 (yes, page 389!!!) on the link before it all starts:

https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/view...994&start=9700

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast