+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hallam Hope

Horrible for the bloke involved. James Rowe was a nasty piece of work as well.

Bit of a pattern developing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    As their main rivals, I was interested to see what the six-fingered lot's take would be on this rumour.

You have to go to 1:46 on page 389 (yes, page 389!!!) on the link before it all starts:

https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/view...994&start=9700
    You're asking for trouble their EP ! you know certain posters views about visiting other fans forums and such like !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    In this scenario, I would think some form of sanction might apply to the club as well as the player. If there is a ruckus on the pitch, the club gets fined for failing to control their players. I'd imagine it'll be financial rather than any sporting punishment like a points deduction.

I find chesterfield an abhorrent club. With the furlough, jumping the queue for vaccine, the James Rowe saga and now this and the lack of any well wishing for the injured party, they just seem a scummy club
    Possibly a case of Chesterfield bringing the game into disrepute?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Not at all. I was merely pointing out that it would be easier to defend a case when smashing someone on the pitch. What happened to Keane after he wrote what he did about his tackle in Haaland? Yes he didn’t break his leg, but the injury was no less severe. It’s harder to prove intent on a football pitch compared to kicking the **** out of someone on a car park.
    I guess that to most of us that wouldn't have crossed our minds.

Keane was a thug and action should have been taken imo. What message has that given (shown by your post) yet he is a pundit now.

If Chesterfield were away from home, there would be most likely a coach trip back. As the assault took place before that return trip, wouldn't the player still be Chesterfield's responsibility?

Quote Originally Posted by BadPie View Post
    Havent seen it mentioned, but just reading a pretty solid rumour that one of Chesterfields squad is responsible for giving this guy a hiding in the car park - Not a great look for them..
    I suppose they could furlough him (the player involved in the rumours) before the Police get further involved and charges are made !!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I guess that to most of us that wouldn't have crossed our minds.

Keane was a thug and action should have been taken imo. What message has that given (shown by your post) yet he is a pundit now.
    And still sits there with never a smile on his face, aggression written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    You're asking for trouble their EP ! you know certain posters views about visiting other fans forums and such like !!!
    He might have ot permission off that person to look at another fans forum

#markit

The player who did it should face jail time and will hopefully never play again. As much as I dislike Chesterfield after their gross antics off the field, I'm not sure it's the club's fault, unless he was egged on by staff, which I highly doubt. That said, it's certainly 'on-brand.' They seem to attract all sorts of unsavoury characters at every level of the club.

Also, the club's official statement is so weird. Not a single mention of the victim. No wishing him a speedy recovery or sense of regret about what happened. Bizarre PR, really.

I'm glad our club is better than this. Our owners seem to insist on a sense of decency throughout the club, which is a breath of fresh air after the last owner.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 06-09-2022 at 08:30 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast