+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hallam Hope

What a horrible club Chesterfield have turned into since being taken over by the Community Trust. I used to cheer for them when they played the Slags. From Furlough, to covid jabs, to stamping goalies, to dodgy managers to thug players, the club has well and truly lost the plot since 2020… not a week goes by without something controversial happening.

I don’t hope they go bust… but they will… and I won’t be sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The player who did it should face jail time and will hopefully never play again. As much as I dislike Chesterfield after their gross antics off the field, I'm not sure it's the club's fault, unless he was egged on by staff, which I highly doubt. That said, it's certainly 'on-brand.' They seem to attract all sorts of unsavoury characters at every level of the club.

Also, the club's official statement is so weird. Not a single mention of the victim. No wishing him a speedy recovery or sense of regret about what happened. Bizarre PR, really.

I'm glad our club is better than this. Our owners seem to insist on a sense of decency throughout the club, which is a breath of fresh air after the last owner.
    I think your comment aptly reflects the management of Chesterfield FC.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I think your comment aptly reflects the management of Chesterfield FC.
    That is a lawyer's statement I guess.

It makes no reference at all to what the case is - by referring to the player it would.

I am sure that Chesterfield do wish him a quick recovery and although it might read heartless, I am also sure that they will be dealing with their player.

What they have to say, and what they are actually doing can be different.

Not often I would stick up for Chesterfield, just pointing out what the situation could be.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    What a horrible club Chesterfield have turned into since being taken over by the Community Trust. I used to cheer for them when they played the Slags. From Furlough, to covid jabs, to stamping goalies, to dodgy managers to thug players, the club has well and truly lost the plot since 2020… not a week goes by without something controversial happening.

I don’t hope they go bust… but they will… and I won’t be sorry.
    That about sums it up GP.

Plus don't forget they are currently benefiting from their second £1,000,000 loan from public funds.

From Chesterfield's forum....
    Rumour has it HOPE was goading and ridiculing during and after the match. The trigger point was when they moved on to a departed family member.

From Oldham's forum, one thread above a "Sheridan Out" topic.
    Might be worth holding fire with comments. There could be more to this than meets the eye. There's definitely one name been chucked about who I'm pretty certain has nothing to do with it..

Whatever the case, it's hard to imagine there wasn't serious provocation. Apparently Hope was left with a fractured cheek bone and eye socket.

A club gets fined for not controlling players on the pitch mass brawls etc, shouldn't it be the same in this instance

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    From Chesterfield's forum....
    Rumour has it HOPE was goading and ridiculing during and after the match. The trigger point was when they moved on to a departed family member.

From Oldham's forum, one thread above a "Sheridan Out" topic.
    Might be worth holding fire with comments. There could be more to this than meets the eye. There's definitely one name been chucked about who I'm pretty certain has nothing to do with it..

Whatever the case, it's hard to imagine there wasn't serious provocation. Apparently Hope was left with a fractured cheek bone and eye socket.
    Yeah, I would be amazed if there wasn't a very strong 'reason' to attack someone like that, not that that makes it acceptable. Nobody would violently attack someone in that manner without serious provocation unless they are completely unhinged.

This is all speculation, but if Hope really did mock the attacker in relation to a deceased family member, he overstepped the line big time. I would never condone physical violence, but there are some things you just don't say.

Chesterfield player arrested for this according to The Mirror...

“A man was arrested on September 9, on suspicion of assault following a report of the assault of a man in his 20s, at Boundary Park, Oldham, on 4 September 2022,” GMP said in a statement. "The suspect has since been released under investigation.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chesterfield-player-arrested-alleged-assault-28112459

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234