+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallam Hope

Hallam Hope

Havent seen it mentioned, but just reading a pretty solid rumour that one of Chesterfields squad is responsible for giving this guy a hiding in the car park - Not a great look for them..

Quote Originally Posted by BadPie View Post
    Havent seen it mentioned, but just reading a pretty solid rumour that one of Chesterfields squad is responsible for giving this guy a hiding in the car park - Not a great look for them..
    Chesterfield have officially acknowledged an allegation against one of their players, so it looks like this is the case. Oldham player hospitalised with serious injuries. Can't ever remember something like this happening between players off the pitch, quite a story.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Chesterfield have officially acknowledged an allegation against one of their players, so it looks like this is the case. Oldham player hospitalised with serious injuries. Can't ever remember something like this happening between players off the pitch, quite a story.
    Pretty shocking - Was reading a thread which became quite hysterical in terms of potential repercussions - As one of Oldhams key players, Chesterfield should expect a pretty heavy penalty - If not, what message does it send out..

Not sure about Chesterfield facing a financial penalty… the perpetrator is facing court and a possible jail sentence.

He’ll never play again that’s for sure.

Didn't say financial - Will be interesting to see how the NL view it...

You didn’t.. apologies.

As UTMs states.. I can’t remember another example of a player attacking another player outside of a game.

No apology necessary - Penalty is a broad brush 😉 For me, its a precedent setting scenario as you say, unheard of - I know what we would be asking for is this had happened to Ruben, for example - You can't have your representatives knocking ten bells out of opponents in the car park - Punishing the player in isolation would be least you could expect..

It's the fact they didn't wish hope a quick recovery that doesn't sit well with me

Quote Originally Posted by nottsfever View Post
    It's the fact they didn't wish hope a quick recovery that doesn't sit well with me
    Some are saying it was Jones of Chesterfield, a former team mate of Hope. Maybe it was over an affair with a wife/girlfriend, maybe Jones was acting in self defence, who knows. Without knowing the full story it wouldn't be fair to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsfever View Post
    Yet here we are hoping for repercussions for Chesterfield. Regardless of what has happened and how it all started, I hope he makes a full recovery soon.
    If as suggested there is history between the 2. The best way would have been on the pitch… not in the car park. You could easily break a players leg, and maybe get a 3 game ban.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast