+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bless her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Won't bring her back, seems OTT to me.
    BT, to be quite frank about things ----everything is always way OTT in this country these days ---it all started with Diana.
    Why are people congregating outside Buck House ins stupidly large numbers?

My family have served and are still serving in the RAF since 1963, however, I do not understand what they are doing.
    Personally, I am very sad because I played at many Royal functions as the bandleader and you were always invited to partake of a glass of something at the top table after you had finished playing. She knew my name, she knew that I loved a glass of Madeira ---and it was always good stuff. I am sad, however, that is life. She was a lovely person to meet on these occasions and I shall always treasure the memories.
    RIP Queen Elizabeth you have served us well.

All the horse racing has been cancelled, which I can understand, she bred horses, she owned and raced horses, that was her world, they were her people, she even had her own racecourse, but why cancel a football match, she didn't even like football.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    All the horse racing has been cancelled, which I can understand, she bred horses, she owned and raced horses, that was her world, they were her people, she even had her own racecourse, but why cancel a football match, she didn't even like football.
    Out of respect for her.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Out of respect for her.
    I respect her as much as anyone, I can respect her and still watch Burnley v Norwich tomorrow night. I hope we're not going to get the Lady Di ****e all over again, infantile mass weeping and wailing.

I respect her as much as anyone, I can respect her and still watch Burnley v Norwich tomorrow night. I hope we're not going to get the Lady Di ****e all over again, infantile mass weeping and wailing.
    There will be plenty of that-mostly virtue signalling because whilst doing it they will be uploading it to their favourite social media platform.
    Thing is,I have a feeling Liz would have just wanted her subjects to show a bit of respect at her state funeral then everybody just get on with their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT, to be quite frank about things ----everything is always way OTT in this country these days ---it all started with Diana.
    Why are people congregating outside Buck House ins stupidly large numbers?

My family have served and are still serving in the RAF since 1963, however, I do not understand what they are doing.
    Personally, I am very sad because I played at many Royal functions as the bandleader and you were always invited to partake of a glass of something at the top table after you had finished playing. She knew my name, she knew that I loved a glass of Madeira ---and it was always good stuff. I am sad, however, that is life. She was a lovely person to meet on these occasions and I shall always treasure the memories.
    RIP Queen Elizabeth you have served us well.
    Well said Sub , a great lady indeed ( old school ) still accepting the new prime minister in just two days previous to passing away.

An amazing woman who in the last twenty years has had to deal with tragedy controversy, pandemics , but still kept calm and did the right thing right to the very end.

I’ll be toasting her life with a glass of chapel down
    ( English of course ).

A new Era to come now - a sad loss.

Three months ago, I booked train tickets and made hotel reservations for a week-long trip to London to celebrate our TENTH wedding anniversary.

I'm seriously considering losing the thick end of a grand and giving the smoke the swerve.

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    What a wonderful Monarch she was. RIP Your Majesty.
    Someone disagrees warminster, - a tweet from Carnegie Mellon professor Uju Anya, who’d written several hours before: “I heard the chief monarch of a thieving raping genocidal empire is finally dying. May her pain be excruciating.”

How low can you go?

R.I.P. your Majesty.We won't see your like again.

All top four leagues off tomorrow, no obligation on them to cancel the games, but they've gone and done it anyway. Never mind the thousands of travelling fans who've already made travelling arrangements, the hotels and restaurants who will now have lost bookings, the catering outlets and pubs with no customers, the hospitality industry is on it's knees anyway, it really doesn't need this. At the moment Clitheroe don't think their game will be going ahead, but they don't yet know for sure. Typical footballing shambles, if there's a decision to be made, you can be sure the clowns running our game will make the wrong one.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)