+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Second Half ideas

Second Half ideas

Okay, AM has asked for ideas to try and improve our 2nd half performances.

So here's my starter for ten - put 3 spoons of sugar in their half-time cup-of-tea.

Just realised the second halves are now 45+10, so better make it 4 !!

Maybe do the 'hanging on' in the 1st half and 'go for it' in the second!😄

With hindsight - the one thing I might have tried last Saturday was to match their starting lineup (3-5-2) at half-time and bring BSD on ?

I've noticed that a lot of opposition teams, when they come out for the second half, are put through a short, but intensive, fitness session just prior to kick off, whilst our guys sort of hang around and chat. Maybe instituting something similar ourselves might help increase the intensity of our second half start. Also, maybe getting our lads to huddle up, allowing the captain to motivate the troops would help too.

Perhaps sides are expecting to see the passing sides of old and then realise that's not who we are this season and play differently in the second half.

One major factor has to be the lack of viable options from the bench for the last few games ...

For some reason we start to give away more fouls as the game goes on, inviting pressure. Zac, in particular, looks knackered after 60 minutes and the tiredness possibly brings on the fouls.

With reference to Zac, think it will be good to give him a break when Rio is back - but being the youngest defender it's not what you would expect.

Just wonder if there is a more general issue with regards to the players' diet? I am not a nutritionist but just wonder if they need a diet similar to a marathon runner ...