+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Tuchel.

Potter should certainly not refuse the chance to go to Chelsea. If he is successful it will catapult him into the top bracket of European managers and if he flops early (which would be unlikely considering he’s a very good manager) then he’ll earn a stack and still has his Brighton job reputation intact.
    Any manager with any ambition would jump at the chance.

this tells me that Chelsea's new owners are under enormous pressure to deliver results instantly.

A leveraged takeover with the banks money is not the best, considering the money they have spent on the club and transfer market.

Oh dear, a massive fire sale if they dont finish top 4 and go far in europe.

Typical yank dlckheads, its not a franchise!

Will be fun to watch this club implode with their own arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Any manager with any ambition would jump at the chance.
    Indeed. Shame Chelsea's loyalty doesn't counterbalance that ambition.

There's been a lot of upheaval in that squad. I wonder what Potter could bring instantly that eluded Tuchel, who I'm sure many already consider to be in the top bracket of European managers.

Chelsea is 5 pts off the top, 4pts off the favourites Man City, ahead of Liverpool, right in the mix for Champions League next year and have only lost ONE Group Stage match this year... ...they sack that manager??? ?????? For what? His mouth?

Potter might do well but I fear for him at that managerial abattoir.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Going there would be the first bad move I see Potter do. Risks tarnishing his good name - a bit like No-no Espirito at Spurs. He'll be committing to resolve problems that Tuchel can't solve, in less time.

Potter should keep his powder dry. He'd be a shoe-in to replace Southgate if he flops in Qatar.
    Agreed Trini, I think the National job would suit him more than working for the impatients at Chelski, There he would be respected by the appointees whereas at the Bridge he would be just another manager who is expected to pull rabbits out of a hat more than once a season.

I think he'll go for it myself.

Will be good for us this season if it throws Brighton into turmoil.

Losing Ashworth and Potter in same year will be tough on them, even with all their planning.

Strangely enough, I think he'll stay. Dunno, he just strikes me as an honourable fella who'll want to stick with the club as he's still building the team and achieving fantastic things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Strangely enough, I think he'll stay. Dunno, he just strikes me as an honourable fella who'll want to stick with the club as he's still building the team and achieving fantastic things.
    Zippity, for his sake I hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Zippity, for his sake I hope you are right.
    Mind, I wrote that before I read he'd talked to Chelsea.

If he's done that, you suspect they'll be able to convince him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Mind, I wrote that before I read he'd talked to Chelsea.

If he's done that, you suspect they'll be able to convince him.
    Just been reported that Potter is to join Chelski. I just hope they give him a fair crack of the whip.

At the same time you can't help feeling sorry for poor old Brighton after coming so far in such a short time.

Brighton are a well-run club. I'm sure they knew that Potter would leave eventually and have made sure to have a good alternative lined up.

I don't know if Potters managerial character will suit that the "Chelsea brand", but it might just work out for him there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)