+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barnsley born players, who you would like in our current team ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Beaumont Asquith it would be. As his relation was called Asquith. I should have twigged. I was drinking in the Lord Nelson at the time
    alco !! Only kidding mate , see thee at alzymuss society in whatsthacallit ?? Av lost summaritt misen , hope I ent offended anyone ?

Chris Morgan. I know some will never forgive him but he was a very committed and physical player who any striker wouldn’t like to laik against. Held his own in Premiership too imo.

Chris Jackson. What a shame his career was ended so prematurely. I remember a header he scored away at WBA to equalise. We were going mad in the away end, still get goosebumps seeing a tarn lad scooaring for Reds.

Anthony Kay. His finest hour had to be scoring in the shootout at Cardiff in 2006 to help get promotion. Also a volley from 25yards at home to Sheffield Wednesday when he first started out in midfield- an absolute peach of a goal.

David Hirst, top quality striker in his day.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Geoff Horsfield , always pyssed me off he never played for us .
    Great blowk. There's a podcast on YouTube- Undr the cosh wi big Johnny Parkin interview with Horsfield. Its a great watch mate

Big Jon Parkin. Would've loved him to stay here. Was a real handful. When he was at Barnsley the numpties laiked him at center aif when his talent clearly was a goalscorer. Baffling

I see nobody has suggested that buffoon Mark Crossley. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Great blowk. There's a podcast on YouTube- Undr the cosh wi big Johnny Parkin interview with Horsfield. Its a great watch mate
    Cheers Pass .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123