+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next five fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    A nice thought but I would not expect anything to be done about supporters being out money for travel.

This is especially the case if they are government owned. After all it's their money and they allow you to have enough to get by on but certainly don't have return any of it. It might just be easier for them in the future if they just raise the taxes to near 100%. Cuts down on the processing costs.
    Get your drift and political stance Spaldy and not far off my view.

Comes down to the mantra of "Because I'm worth it" - that unified common mentality which holds that those at the top deserve their power and ever growing fortunes Spaldy mate.

The same mentality that has driven politicians to pilfer expenses, businesses to avoid tax, and City bankers to demand ever greater bonuses while plunging the world into economic disaster would you agree ?
    All of these things are facilitated even encouraged by laws that are geared to cracking down on the smallest of misdemeanours committed by those at the bottom of the pecking order under the "One rule for us, one rule for everybody else" - basically will sum up today's establishment thinking, sadly.

Any opponents of our current establishments have ceased to exist in any meaningful and organised way. All politicians now conform to a similar script and the once feared mighty trade unions are now treated as if they have no legitimate place in political or public life with the economists and academics who reject establishment ideology now also been driven out of the intellectual mainstream world wide.
    Those in establishment are amassing wealth and aggressively annexing power in a way that has no precedent in modern times. After all there is nothing to stop them is there ?

As for the UK railway ownership - complicated & full of fat cats mate with its workers currently at loggerheads with owners over pay I hear and having to strike to be listened to.

Sorry if I've gone off topic but just an opinion for Spaldy folks.
    Last edited by Monaco_Totty; 12-09-2022 at 05:17 PM.

MT,

seems a long time until we play Monday. Sure hope we play although scum are in form right now so maybe a postponement would not be the worst thing. I'm at my worst on getting off topic during these long layoffs.

One thing that's universal regardless of country, party or the form of government is that those that rule over us never give up power easily and those that enable the politicians (such as crony fat cat corporatists) will always pass laws and regulations increasing their power and the ability to hold it. Unfortunately, the internet, electronic record and money tracking and the social media have increased their ability to control us in ways that previous autocratic regimes could only dream of.

I do hope the supporters get some money back but am pretty sure what's going to happen.

Scum match is off

Man Utd game now off Spaldy !

I'll have to wack up an Off Topic thread for any Bollux folks may wish to share as we ain't playing till October now, might liven up the Forum.

I'm rather simple so don't tend to be able to start threads of any interest!

Nine points then…

On a positive note, if they also postpone our next 8 fixtures it may give Barndoor an outside chance of being fit to play (obviously, he will only last 12 mins before limping off injured but it's a start).

Scum game cancelled due to a lack of coppers!!

I suppose plucking silver linings out of this Firpo and Cooper should both be fully recovered by the time we play again (noting that Firpo is actually a left back without commenting on his ability).

Firpo also looked okay in pre season before he got injured and may well add to what we do going forward.

Meant that the CB pairing should then be one of Struijk and Cooper to partner Koch.

Happy days sort of

We play Villa at home... 2nd October, our next game

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)