+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot - hmq

My wife advises me we will be finding a bar to watch in in Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    My wife advises me we will be finding a bar to watch in in Turkey.
    Likewise us in Greece. We will raise a glass (or at €2 a pint locally, several - I was teetotle for most of Hmqs reign and need to catch up)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Likewise us in Greece. We will raise a glass (or at €2 a pint locally, several - I was teetotle for most of Hmqs reign and need to catch up)
    Hope it's Mythos and not Amstel.

Love Greece.

Hope it's Mythos and not Amstel.

Love Greece.
    I’m no connoisseur, the only ‘it’s’ I’m fussed about is it’s €2. Need to pack some Rennies though

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I’m no connoisseur, the only ‘it’s’ I’m fussed about is it’s €2. Need to pack some Rennies though
    To be fair the Amstel which is served in Greece is a better drink than it is in the UK.

Always been the 'local' beer in Greece for some reason despite it being a Dutch brand.

To be fair the Amstel which is served in Greece is a better drink than it is in the UK.

Always been the 'local' beer in Greece for some reason despite it being a Dutch brand.
    I went to greece on my honeymoon. First tasted Amstel then. It was rank, so it must have improved if you lot are drinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I went to greece on my honeymoon. First tasted Amstel then. It was rank, so it must have improved if you lot are drinking it.
    No idea if its improved or if thats what I drink, its broadly speaking lager which I can't stand in UK, the temp and general ambience in Greece seems to mellow it.

Fix....tolerable for a canned lager

I think when you are abroad , it's warm and the beer comes in frosted glasses, it all seems to taste better. I'm off to Turkey and will be drinking efes, its not that great but something about being on holiday makes it better

Amstel. A typical example of bigger not being better. Going back to '84 when I moved here, Amstel was an independent brewer and doing very well. If we were in an Amstel bar I was quite happy to drink it. They then got an offer from Heineken they couldn't refuse. The original brewery was shut and Amstel was brewed at the Heineken Brewery. The previously naturally brewed beer became yet another chemical concoction. From the tap both Heineken and Amstel are OK and I'll drink them when out. Conversely, I steer well clear of the bottled and canned versions. Just 3 or 4 bottles/cans of either saw me have a wicked headache the next day. Something I'd never experienced before and don't wish to experience again. I also steer clear of Bavaria as I don't like the taste. The rest of the Dutch (and Belgian) offerings are good to excellent IMO and I have no bad reaction to them.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)