+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot - hmq

Shock announcement for rA, I MAY be voting the same way as you at the next election. If my local MP (who I believe is Conservative) took advantage of the MP queue-jumping arrangement to view QE2's coffin, I'll be voting Labour in protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Shock announcement for rA, I MAY be voting the same way as you at the next election. If my local MP (who I believe is Conservative) took advantage of the MP queue-jumping arrangement to view QE2's coffin, I'll be voting Labour in protest.
    Sorry to disappoint, AF...but I probably won’t be voting Labour. Where I live Labour has no chance. Personally I think our new Tory MP is a disgrace in so many ways...including, as one of Johnson’s buddies, her reaction to Pincher’s actions. With that in mind I’ll probably be voting LibDem while hoping for a Labour victory or for a coalition of more sensible and sensitive politicians than we ended up with last time.

As for the queuing to see the Queen’s coffin. I’m fortunate to have escaped all the hysteria, but I honestly don’t understand it. She appeared to be a nice old lady who died a death with little suffering which is good. Her death also signifies the end of an era...she’s been ‘the Queen’ for the whole of most/all (?) of our lives...but has she really touched us? Speaking personally...not at all...if people want to queue to see her coffin that’s up to them. Each to their own and all that...but to me those in what I believe are now meant to be four mile long queues to see a polished wooden box are a mystery and those who say things like ‘how are we going to cope without her’ are probably certifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    I think when you are abroad , it's warm and the beer comes in frosted glasses, it all seems to taste better. I'm off to Turkey and will be drinking efes, its not that great but something about being on holiday makes it better
    Those frosted glasses have been a life saver this week. It’s not even been particularly hot but you’re absolutely right...holidays and frosted glasses are a great combination. I’ve developed a taste for Mauer...any views from the connoisseurs?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, AF...but I probably won’t be voting Labour. Where I live Labour has no chance. Personally I think our new Tory MP is a disgrace in so many ways...including, as one of Johnson’s buddies, her reaction to Pincher’s actions. With that in mind I’ll probably be voting LibDem while hoping for a Labour victory or for a coalition of more sensible and sensitive politicians than we ended up with last time.

As for the queuing to see the Queen’s coffin. I’m fortunate to have escaped all the hysteria, but I honestly don’t understand it. She appeared to be a nice old lady who died a death with little suffering which is good. Her death also signifies the end of an era...she’s been ‘the Queen’ for the whole of most/all (?) of our lives...but has she really touched us? Speaking personally...not at all...if people want to queue to see her coffin that’s up to them. Each to their own and all that...but to me those in what I believe are now meant to be four mile long queues to see a polished wooden box are a mystery and those who say things like ‘how are we going to cope without her’ are probably certifiable.
    I guessed you wouldn't understand

Those frosted glasses have been a life saver this week. It’s not even been particularly hot but you’re absolutely right...holidays and frosted glasses are a great combination. I’ve developed a taste for Mauer...any views from the connoisseurs?
    I'll seek it out, off to Spain later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I guessed you wouldn't understand
    Hate to agree with rA on this one, I don't understand the hysteria, the flowers or the queues to look at the coffin. The latter is like rubbernecking at crashes on a motorway, maybe even schadenfreude. Let her slip away with dignity, not as an item to go and stare at.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Hate to agree with rA on this one, I don't understand the hysteria, the flowers or the queues to look at the coffin. The latter is like rubbernecking at crashes on a motorway, maybe even schadenfreude. Let her slip away with dignity, not as an item to go and stare at.
    I don’t see hysteria although I do see way too much media waffling. IMO hysteria was what we saw when Diana died, that was bizarre. Of course to each their own and given the choice between joining a royalist friend on a trip to see Queenie, or Magnum at Rock City, prog rock won the day

I certainly don't get standing for hours just to walk past something covered in a flag! I mean what are you even looking at FFS!

Still the livestream is riveting and the banal drivel being spouted is incoherent and embarrassing. Still at least the Uk is good at queues and very good at dressing up in silly clothes and marching apparently.

Not even that rA, its covered in a flag!! Could be anything under there! Can't complain I've avoided most of it and it will be Charlies coronation next I guess!

Hate to agree with rA on this one, I don't understand the hysteria, the flowers or the queues to look at the coffin.
    Why? You know you love me really...you’re coming round.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)