+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P.Her Majesty

Not a Royalist but I have empathy as the Queen was loved by millions & a great comfort to many in the many fractious uncertain times of her reign.

To command a place of affection and respect in the hearts of the British people she obviously will be missed by many and certainly gave her all to country and family.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by wortleygirl View Post
    God Save The Queen
    Bless Her 🙏❤️🇬🇧

Phillip came to me today,
    and said it was time to go.
    I looked at him and smiled,
    as i whispered that "I know"

I then turned and looked behind me,
    and seen I was asleep.
    All my Family were around me,
    and I could hear them weep.

I gently touched each shoulder,
    with Phillip by my side.
    Then I turned away and walked,
    with My Angel guide.

Phillip held my hand,
    as he lead the way,
    to a world where King's and Queens,
    are Monarch's every day.

I was given a crown to wear
    or a Halo known by some.
    The difference is up here,
    they are worn by everyone.

I felt a sense of peace,
    my reign had seen its end.
    70 years I had served my Country,
    as the peoples friend.

Thank you for the years,
    for all your time and love.
    Now I am one of two again,
    in our Palace up above.
    Jeesus Christ Worts!!!!

R.I.P.
    To those who are not royalists, id say, take a look at France......

Has always been there, others have much too learn. King Charles 111 just doesnt sound right.

As a Yank I can't fully understand the royalty. However, I do know class and selflessness and she represented that. I know some say how lucky she was to be born into royalty but I wouldn't want that job for all the money or jewels in the world. You represent an entire nation and you do it for all of your life. Your every move is watched and reported on. A good chunk of the UK is counting on the stability and composure that she brought.

If only some of that class rubbed on on the corrupt clowns that rule us in the US.

Maybe they can read some of obama's poems from his book that he "gifted" the Queen with during his visit. Truly a priceless moment watching the Queen's face when he presented his gift from the US during his visit. She earned her pay that day. Did not even flinch although she probably dropped it in the nearest rubbish can on her way back to the palace.

Did you guys have a holiday on her birthday? We did here so what happens does it convert to the Charles now?
    As for the none Royalists like me, it's because very few countries have them or disbanded them in the modern era so we are less aware of what they offer and what they are for. We appreciate the countries that have like the UK but we are none the wiser about the procedures.
    As for Elizabeth she always presented well and the definition of a Lady is described in her life.

Nope Oz not on her birthday but we got two days off for the jubilee this year.

Not sure what will happen in Aus about that.

Hope you are bearing up as well as can be.

In a time where everyone in any position of power seems to be such a detestable prick, she was a genuinely positive ray. She will be sorely missed. I'm not a massive monarchy fan nor do I really care for the royal family but she made a difference, clearly did her best for the people she represented and grafted until the very end

Seen a lot of internet tossers using this as a platform to peddle their racism agenda, notably Trevor Sinclair and they can bugger right off.

Sad news, if not totally unexpected.

Let’s see if Charles III fares better than the first two.

RIP Queen Elizabeth. Long she ruled over us with dignity and grace.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)