+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: God bless you Mam may you RIP. God Save the King

Never been a royalist but have the utmost respect for Her Maj and her unfailing dedication to duty, listening to the lovely anecdotes over the last 24hrs has her down to be sharp as a tack, always dignified and caring. She's had to endure a lot in the very recent past with what has happened in her family which will I am sure have weighed heavily.

It has hit me today much harder than I thought it would, it puts all of us in a reflective mood and reminds me of when my nan passed at the ripe old age of 91 a few years ago, she was the head of the family & never put a foot wrong...

RIP QEII

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    God? Surely, as the conspiracy theorist that you claim to be, you'd have worked that one out by now.

No fabled entity, nor conspiracy, has the right to judge you. I do not judge you, nor do I wish or claim to.

Your deeds do the judging, squire. Leave the spooky lad out of it.
    Well thats an idea for a new thread. Do i believe god is a man with a beard in the clouds no but i do think there something going on. Ive had a few spiritual moments recently and had a few ghostly ones.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Never been a royalist but have the utmost respect for Her Maj and her unfailing dedication to duty, listening to the lovely anecdotes over the last 24hrs has her down to be sharp as a tack, always dignified and caring. She's had to endure a lot in the very recent past with what has happened in her family which will I am sure have weighed heavily.

It has hit me today much harder than I thought it would, it puts all of us in a reflective mood and reminds me of when my nan passed at the ripe old age of 91 a few years ago, she was the head of the family & never put a foot wrong...

RIP QEII
    Lovely post, Westy.

Yes, some reflecting here too. A friend of mine and I were saying earlier that the Queen was like the nation's Granny. The picture of her with Liz Truss gave me a bit of a welling up moment - like you - she reminded me of my grandmother at 95 - even down to the outfit, which was almost identical to one my late Grandma wore - the visible frailty masking a will of iron. Like yours, she was the boss of the family with the biggest heart of gold. That generation seemed to be made of sterner stuff, for sure. The recent divisions in the family must have been so saddening for her. I hope the relevant parties, who caused her so much upset, will reflect on what is important now ...

I thought King Charles' tribute was heart felt and eloquent. I have no idea how he got through it without bursting into tears. I think in our age of social media and a lack of deference, he's going to have a tougher job, but I wish him the very best.

Just an afterthought. I was glad the Queen was able to experience the appreciation of the crowds who came to see her, at the Jubilee. You could see she was visibly moved when they sang the National Anthem. We often only show our full appreciation of people after they have gone. A good lesson for us all xx

Right back at you Win - lovely words, that generation really did know how to cope with adversity, I thought His Maj's speech was class and sincere. Hope you're keeping well my dear x

A lot of absolute race hate being posted on Black Tube, yes that's a real channel and nothing said, makes what Trevor Sinclair said, seem like a Hymn! You have nothing to be ashamed of Bongo, I got what you meant, even in death people joke and laugh, it's just letting of steam, I am sure you meant no malice mate. I can declare, I was not offended 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Well thats an idea for a new thread. Do i believe god is a man with a beard in the clouds no but i do think there something going on. Ive had a few spiritual moments recently and had a few ghostly ones.
    Put a thread in the Tavern Bongo and I'll debate this one with ya!

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Right back at you Win - lovely words, that generation really did know how to cope with adversity, I thought His Maj's speech was class and sincere. Hope you're keeping well my dear x
    Aww, thank you, Westy. x Yes, I think we can learn a lot from them. They put most of us to shame.

Yes, I'm keeping well, thank you, Sir. So far managing to escape a 2nd round of covid. I hope you keeping well too xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)