+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: God views

This is an interesting, thought provoking thread.

I don't believe in a God as such, as a creator, but feel that there is something spiritual, beyond our physical bodies. I don't think we die when our physical bodies do ... It's like a journey, or a path ...

Westy, I feel the same as you about man made religion, and like Mondaze and yourself, I try not do do harm. I don't intentionally but I know it is possible to hurt others without being aware of it ...

Yubby, that's really profound. That is such a good point about looking at our own heart and responses and fears to help us control how we respond to others. I really need to be doing that right now.

To be able to love someone who has treated you badly is such a wonderful thing to be able to do. I can do it with people who are already in my heart, but with those not there, my instinct is to remove myself from them, so they can't hurt me any more. I think feeling love towards them is the stronger and more powerful reaction though and I wish I was strong enough to do it ... I tend to be really hard on myself, but that is a good point about trying your best ...

I've had a few experiences that make me believe in Guardian angels ...

Lovely post Winnie, if you're happy to share your experiences of guardian angels I'd love to hear them, I can think of one for me when I had just got my first car and drove nearly 200 miles to see my gf after work & an evening out with colleagues. I fell asleep momentarily at the wheel on a slip road going into the motorway services and woke up heading straight for a pole holding up a large road-sign, instinct took over & luckily there was no other traffic around me as I swerved to safety.

The design of the human body and that of animals is so awesome I can only believe that a creator made that so. I don't forgive easily, the small stuff doesn't bother me, we're all flawed but betrayal or disloyalty is a different matter.

I guess for most of us religion is part of one's upbringing until that point where you are free to decide, what I fascinates me is when adults become religious with no preceding ties.

Gosh, Westy, you really needed your guardian angel right then. I'm so glad he was there for you. xx

I don't want to say too much on a public forum but I had two experiences after I'd been going through a very difficult time and was feeling very vulnerable. The first time I was due to do something that I really wanted and needed to do, as it was important to me, but was feeling really scared and anxious and was wondering if I'd be up to it. My best friend, who was visiting, took me for a walk and we bumped into an elderly man with bright blue eyes and my friend started talking to him. Yet instead of responding to her, he was talking to me, his bright blue eyes looking straight into mine, like he was telling me I'd be okay ... My normally gregarious, chatty friend backed away and let him carry on talking to me alone. I got a sense of strength from him - like an assurance I wouldn't be alone and I could do it. When we got home, the first thing my friend said was "I think he was your guardian angel". She is normally not spiritually minded at all ... Then again a few weeks later, I was feeling pretty bad about myself and worthless as a human, and another slightly older man came and sat next to me and started talking to me - telling me how important I was and how much I was needed. It was a different voice and body but he had the same blue eyes ... They appeared exactly when I needed them ... I hope that makes sense ...

I think sometimes when religion is forced on you as a child, it can turn you against it, but if you haven't had it, or are going through a time when you feel you need that bit of extra help, or are searching for answers, then that could be a reason for adults finding religion?
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 24-03-2024 at 02:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)