+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cricket.

The Cricket.

I’ve been saying all summer that Harry Brook should be playing.

He’s only 12 not out as I write this but I’ve seen enough to know that he should be opening the batting instead of the useless Crawley.

Super technique and as cool as a cucumber.

This lad will play for England for the next 15 years, fitness allowing and will captain the side after Stokes.

Sorry Mick, But as much as I like Harry Brook, and it’s fantastic to see him playing for England, and as a Yorkshire supporter I see him most games, he is a tremendous talent and deserves his place for England, but an opening batsmen he most certainly is not.
    Joe Root needs to get back to playing the Root way, this over positive malarkey is not him,I can’t see him scoring another ton for a while playing like this, he’s making a mug of himself
    As for Crawley, never an international cricketer in a million years, Lees was crap for Yorkshire we got rid to Durham

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Sorry Mick, But as much as I like Harry Brook, and it’s fantastic to see him playing for England, and as a Yorkshire supporter I see him most games, he is a tremendous talent and deserves his place for England, but an opening batsmen he most certainly is not.
    Joe Root needs to get back to playing the Root way, this over positive malarkey is not him,I can’t see him scoring another ton for a while playing like this, he’s making a mug of himself
    As for Crawley, never an international cricketer in a million years, Lees was crap for Yorkshire we got rid to Durham
    It’s about technique, Brook has the perfect one to open with.

Where do you live Bomber, I didn’t realise you were in Yorkshire?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s about technique, Brook has the perfect one to open with.

Where do you live Bomber, I didn’t realise you were in Yorkshire?
    Near Saltburn, sunny at the Oval, thick mist and rain all day here

"He’s only 12 not out as I write this. "

You jinxed him Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Albionmad View Post
    "He’s only 12 not out as I write this. "

You jinxed him Mick
    I know 😩

One of a series of poor shots played today by many but his overall technique is excellent.

This could end up being a two day test - I think the word TEST will be dropped soon if it carries on like this

There’s been some very poor cricket played, batting especially. As I write this, England are 65-0 but I still don’t feel confident! Rather like watching The Albion!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    There’s been some very poor cricket played, batting especially. As I write this, England are 65-0 but I still don’t feel confident! Rather like watching The Albion!
    The frenetic pace can be perhaps forgiven for this match given the shortness of time available and the weather.

Our bowling attack is very high quality at the moment apart from Leach, it strikes me that HE himself knows he isn’t good enough, it’s like he’s an imposter or someone picked from the crowd due to a player shortage.

A proper spinning all rounder would add so much to our side, I still can’t understand what Moen is playing at?

Moeen isn’t consistent enough, either in his batting or bowling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)