+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indian Food

Indian Food

Younger daughter does not like spicey food so Indian food is generally a no for us. Our son tonight took me out and said it’s education time and took me to a good Indian restaurant.

Absolutely loved it and the Cobra lager too. After avoiding disgusting Chinese restaurants for the last few years now a fan of Indian food!

Baggie Singh recommended an Indian in Dubai so will drag my daughter in there on our next visit whether she likes it or not. Think she will though once she tries it!

I don’t like it but I see the attraction.

Very high in fat and carbohydrates though I believe?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Younger daughter does not like spicey food so Indian food is generally a no for us. Our son tonight took me out and said it’s education time and took me to a good Indian restaurant.

Absolutely loved it and the Cobra lager too. After avoiding disgusting Chinese restaurants for the last few years now a fan of Indian food!

Baggie Singh recommended an Indian in Dubai so will drag my daughter in there on our next visit whether she likes it or not. Think she will though once she tries it!
    Lots of my work colleagues over here are from India and Philippines.
    The food they bring in for lunch looks and smells divine. I often hide my own sandwiches and look for the sympathy vote, it nearly always works.
    Mainly because they are such lovely people. There would be little I wouldn't eat from an Indian menu. Love the cuisine big time. Philippine food is more centered on fish dishes, which I don't like much. Not a sea food person, although I have been tempted by a fish chowder dish one girl brought in. Absolutely gorgeous she was and the food was delicious as well..

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

It is and a reason why many Indians can have obesity issues, that along with a complete lack of exercise.
    I admit to mostly been a plain food person but a good Indian take away is good motivation to go out and do that run I have been putting off to help my cholesterol.

I'm quite partial to the odd Indian meal myself. Many years ago I went out with an Indian girl and we used to go to all the proper Indian shops and markets to buy the individual spices etc for cooking. What most people view as Indian food they get from a restaurant or takeaway is a bit different from home cooked though!-as the "going for an English" skit takes the Mickey out of 😀- and there are also quite a range of regional differences and variations. The Asian beers go well with it as many combine rice as well as hops and the lagers are designed not to be as gassy as European ones.

Tbh, I don't mind food from a lot of different cultures whether it's Italian, French, Asian, West Indian or Middle Eastern. Not that I don't enjoy a typical English roast or fry-up or Black Country fare! Also like fish and seafood but not too keen on sushi.

I love Indian, Chinese, Thai etc. In fact just about the only food I'm not keen on is sushi because I lived in Japan for a year and became fed up with being treated out to exotic sushi.

Through some friends I was introduced to an Indian couple who ran a shop. One day we went for a meal at our friends and all the food was provided by this Indian couple. Fresh and not searingly hot like many foods (which I like) it was one of the loveliest meals I have ever tasted. I got to know this couple and every Friday lunchtime would go into their fantastic shop to buy some samosas, which were particularly good when they were very fresh. As I got to know them better they would make a point of making me my own batch of samosas every Friday together with some cauliflower samosas (not actually samosas) some of which were still being cooked. I have never actually liked cauliflower very much but I couldn't get enough of these things even if they were no doubt very fatty.

We went with the same friends to Thailand and visited a few restaurants. They had befriended two girls who ran one and they asked if we would go to their other restaurant at the local market. We had to go through a narrow gap between the stalls to get this place, which was totally ramshackle and seemed very iffy. We sat at a table with oilcloth on it and something wedged under one of the legs to stop it rocking. All the other people there were market workers. We could watch our starters being prepared right next to us and they were a meal in themselves. The main meal was so very different to anything I had sampled elsewhere. Yet again it was some of the best food I have ever tasted.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Not necessarily, depends on what you have. Personally love tandoori salmon tikka.

Funny this thread has come up, we haven't had an Indian for years but last week we had one from the Wombourne Tandoori delivered. It was absolutely lovely. The only downside was we couldn't get through it all, but we know how much to order next time.
    When we lived near Sedgley we used the Madina Tandoori which was Pakistani, but very good. No idea what it's like now, but those two I recommend. There is one restaurant in Wall Heath that used to be run by Chinese but has now been taken over by Gurkha's, we will try that next, but we won't complain if we don't like it lol.

55, round the corner from Wombourne Tandoori is a place called Tiffu's. Our favourite, most Sunday nights spent there. Do try it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)