+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝 Quevin Castro

From what I've read from West Brom fans he seems to having something of an ego/attitude problem.

He looks incredibly skilful for such a tall guy, laid back as well so could see where the attitude might be a problem. From all the clips I have seen, he looks like he needs to learn when to play a pass. Very young so lots of time to learn.

Looks like he’s two footed and a great first touch, hopefully LW’s coaching can unearth what West Brom see in him. I’m not reading too much into what happened at Burton, sounds like he was played out of position in a struggling team. That won’t happen here.

Stall said on magpie circle last week that he’d be looming to bring another AM into the squad, though I wasn’t sure I agreed. Certainly can’t see him displacing Ruben or Palmer in the side so he is fighting with Austin, O’Brien and Bajrami for a starting spot…won’t be easy for him I suspect but if he gets a chance and takes it then fair play to him.

If all works out then a potential swap deal in January for Ruben on the cards??

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Not hearing much Portuguese in that. Are we sure he's genuine? Rueben will suss him out no doubt.
    Despite being born in Portugal, I think Ruben is more Dutch than Portuguese.

Prior to joining us, since the age of 9 he had only played for Dutch clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Despite being born in Portugal, I think Ruben is more Dutch than Portuguese.

Prior to joining us, since the age of 9 he had only played for Dutch clubs.
    Indeed.So much so that his missus was disappointed to learn he won't be bringing home any Dutch caps in the future.

I think he could be a replacement for JO'B when his performances drop and mistakes are too many.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Indeed.So much so that his missus was disappointed to learn he won't be bringing home any Dutch caps in the future.
    Yebbut at least Rubes always went Dutch.

Didn't LW mention 'different formations' in his latest presser?

This is where this Castro signing would make more sense, if we start to mix it up a bit formation-wise. A 4-2-3-1 for example.

I think part of Roberts going was that he knew he didn't fit into a 3-5-2 and we were going to play it. Vincent is similar really. When those 5 back places are taken, the 5 outfield positions that remain are very specific. Those 5 are a bit like a basketball team with its 2 guards, 2 forwards and a centre..., not any old 5 will do, the 5 really have to fit well together.

So Castro might fit in when LW mixes it up. Anyway, lets hope he makes an impact and good luck to him

Seems to have a bit of everything. Skillful going forward but also grit and tenacity to win the ball. Definitely something about him.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast