+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry and Meghan

Harry and Meghan

The body language between Harry and Meghan and William and Kate didn’t look good on their joint walk to speak to well wishers. I totally get why William must be so angry and still there’s Harry’s Memoirs Book to be released - presumably more dirt and revelations,

Personally anything negative from Harry about the Royal Family in these memoirs will be in bad taste following the circus of the television interview. Harry can’t have his cake and eat it so he should either grow up and sort out his issues privately or do one and be shunned.

Must say I think Meghan is a nasty piece of work and the one steering Harry. Her own father may have wronged her but he’s still her father so no contact could be a regret when he’s dead.

No time for all these pathetic fall outs especially when all these people are privileged and extremely wealthy. Could understand it more if one party had huge money worries.

Does turn my stomach when wealthy people moan and whinge about family squabbles, their health and finances. Perhaps they need time in the lives of people with the same issues who don’t have a pot to p iss in!

It’s an interesting one about family squabbles.

You’re at an interesting stage at the moment mate, you have yet to have any of your three marry.

I think you’re on very safe ground with your daughter’s partner, I was very impressed with him, he comes across as a really nice bloke.

The chances of this being replicated across all of your kids are slim I’m afraid.

Other things come into play as well such as the in-laws.

In my own case I had a wonderful mother in law and an incredibly difficult father in law who I was often at loggerheads with because I was the one person who stood up to him and he hated that.

You then have grandchildren added to the mix.

Daughters tend to gravitate towards their own mum when it comes to them having babies, you’ll find this when your daughters have kids.

You’ll possibly notice a complete difference when your son produces an heir to the family fortune, the dynamic as grandparents can be quite different.

You might also find that the partner or the grandparents on the other side have a very different way of bringing up kids, you can be at a family do and see your grandchildren being scolded or rewarded in ways you don’t agree with.

I think you’ll find it hard to keep your mouth shut knowing you, I’ve had this very problem.

This will be a more interesting conversation 15 to 20 years from now!

I’m sure others will understand what I’m saying if they have a child or three who have multiple dynamics to deal with?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s an interesting one about family squabbles.

You’re at an interesting stage at the moment mate, you have yet to have any of your three marry.

I think you’re on very safe ground with your daughter’s partner, I was very impressed with him, he comes across as a really nice bloke.

The chances of this being replicated across all of your kids are slim I’m afraid.

Other things come into play as well such as the in-laws.

In my own case I had a wonderful mother in law and an incredibly difficult father in law who I was often at loggerheads with because I was the one person who stood up to him and he hated that.

You then have grandchildren added to the mix.

Daughters tend to gravitate towards their own mum when it comes to them having babies, you’ll find this when your daughters have kids.

You’ll possibly notice a complete difference when your son produces an heir to the family fortune, the dynamic as grandparents can be quite different.

You might also find that the partner or the grandparents on the other side have a very different way of bringing up kids, you can be at a family do and see your grandchildren being scolded or rewarded in ways you don’t agree with.

I think you’ll find it hard to keep your mouth shut knowing you, I’ve had this very problem.

This will be a more interesting conversation 15 to 20 years from now!

I’m sure others will understand what I’m saying if they have a child or three who have multiple dynamics to deal with?

All very true! One of us could be booked in Dignitas or dead in 20 years time though!

Some good points there Mick. Do you enjoy spending time just with your children, no partners? I like both my children's partners - a lot.
    But i just love time alone with my offspring too. Is this just me?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    All very true! One of us could be booked in Dignitas or dead in 20 years time though!
    And woe betide any future partners or prospective outlaws should they dare attempt to cross your threshold wearing shoes 😊 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    And woe betide any future partners or prospective outlaws should they dare attempt to cross your threshold wearing shoes 😊 .

I would never dream of walking into somebody’s house wearing shoes and likewise nobody would walk in ours with them on. Cleanliness - politeness and respect! Sure you endorse these three qualities 68 as you don’t come across as a filthy f ucker 😂

Thought a double signing. 🙄

I would never dream of walking into somebody’s house wearing shoes and likewise nobody would walk in ours with them on. Cleanliness - politeness and respect! Sure you endorse these three qualities 68 as you don’t come across as a filthy f ucker 😂
    I do believe in those virtues Al'. But all visitors are welcome in our home, even the analy retentive fussy ones.

I'd be just as happy for you to leave your shoes at our door as I would be to keep mine on and walk past yours 🤣🤣🤣 .

Do you check house guests arse cracks for skidders too? Wouldn't want them spreading their filthy germs all over your throne. King Al' of Harrogate does have a certain ring to it 🤣🤣🤣 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I do believe in those virtues Al'. But all visitors are welcome in our home, even the analy retentive fussy ones.

I'd be just as happy for you to leave your shoes at our door as I would be to keep mine on and walk past yours 🤣🤣🤣 .

Do you check house guests arse cracks for skidders too? Wouldn't want them spreading their filthy germs all over your throne. King Al' of Harrogate does have a certain ring to it 🤣🤣🤣 .

One is either brought up or dragged up! Only selective visitors are allowed in our home and when the guy who wanted to read the meter did not have shoe covers and would not remove his shoes ( health and safety the t wat said ) - he was told politely to do one and he's never returned! Quite old school and if kids didn't say please or thank you they went without which is why they have turned out good kids. Even a caravan should be treated like somebody's palace in my book. Same with school teachers who were backed 100% and double punishment was dished out as well as what the school gave.

One is either brought up or dragged up! Only selective visitors are allowed in our home and when the guy who wanted to read the meter did not have shoe covers and would not remove his shoes ( health and safety the t wat said ) - he was told politely to do one and he's never returned! Quite old school and if kids didn't say please or thank you they went without which is why they have turned out good kids. Even a caravan should be treated like somebody's palace in my book. Same with school teachers who were backed 100% and double punishment was dished out as well as what the school gave.
    Different strokes Al', but when one refers to one's self as one on a football forum then others know they've disappeared up their own behind.

My lad's been brought up just fine thanks and his mom (who just happens to be my wife) isn't filthy either.

Talking of which whatever happens don't let your selective guests sit down anywhere when they come to visit as it's a leading way of transferring e.coli.

Meanwhile your dog must be a little confused having it's paws removed every time it comes home from a walk 😊 .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)