+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 80s & 90s forgotten classics.

I have looked at lots of websites, but I cannot find any music releases by Nicola Sturgeon during the 80s or 90s.

Shipbuilding by Robert Wyatt is an amazing song. I know Costello wrote it, but even he has said Wyatts version is superior to his own, praise indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I have looked at lots of websites, but I cannot find any music releases by Nicola Sturgeon during the 80s or 90s.

Shipbuilding by Robert Wyatt is an amazing song. I know Costello wrote it, but even he has said Wyatts version is superior to his own, praise indeed.
    She’ll be into that too shortly as she simply can’t help herself -she’ll do a cover version though shortly after the original has been released with a few minor changes to the lyrics just like following Boris on Covid announcements. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Sturgeon is currently in power but I actually said “Yes, I agree - that’s also how the Scots are often perceived in England, largely I believe due to the SNP …”. And it’s “principles”, not “principals” in the context you meant it. Take oil out of the equation, most of which arguably belongs to Shetland anyway, and I believe that Scotland as an independent nation would be struggling with the likes of our current First Minister at the helm. Nothing desperate about not liking the SNP and/or Sturgeon at all as I do have the vote you know!? 😅
    TBH I don't give a flying fuuck how Scotland is perceived in England tho I suspect its what the Unionist MSM tell them... particularly the completely impartial BBC. Oil ? but didn't you lot tell us it was running out in 2013/14 ? so we don't need to take that out of the equation ..do we ! Ireland (like Shetland) don't own a drop of oil but yet is one of the most prosperous and happiest in the world ! Even the poorest Irish have a standard of living 63% higher than the UKs poorest. But this post like your first the concept of Independence has gone right over your head. Whooooooosh...

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    TBH I don't give a flying fuuck how Scotland is perceived in England tho I suspect its what the Unionist MSM tell them... particularly the completely impartial BBC. Oil ? but didn't you lot tell us it was running out in 2013/14 ? so we don't need to take that out of the equation ..do we ! Ireland (like Shetland) don't own a drop of oil but yet is one of the most prosperous and happiest in the world ! Even the poorest Irish have a standard of living 63% higher than the UKs poorest. But this post like your first the concept of Independence has gone right over your head. Whooooooosh...
    Maybe the English people watch the news, Question Time etc - just a thought. Oil, as a matter of fact, being a fossil fuel, is running out, and that’s irrefutable. When it will be exhausted is another argument altogether but we are being weaned off due to concerns for the Planet and a move towards net zero. I note that Ireland is a happy Country though - do you mean it’s people? Where do you get your comparative wealth figures from? I think I’ve understood most of what you’ve written but, in my defence, but I’m not used with reading such advanced writing skills so please excuse me if I’ve missed anything.

Maybe the English people watch the news, Question Time etc - just a thought. Oil, as a matter of fact, being a fossil fuel, is running out, and that’s irrefutable. When it will be exhausted is another argument altogether but we are being weaned off due to concerns for the Planet and a move towards net zero. I note that Ireland is a happy Country though - do you mean it’s people? Where do you get your comparative wealth figures from? I think I’ve understood most of what you’ve written but, in my defence, but I’m not used with reading such advanced writing skills so please excuse me if I’ve missed anything.

Sturgeon is a complete power-hungry megalomaniac who I utterly despise."

That I get.
    No conflation there - merely highlighting my dislike of the SNP and specifically Sturgeon, the plight of the UK (Scotland inextricably being part of the UK) as a whole and then to the “free everything” concept that Sturgeon seems to favour - my remit is not restricted, to any extent, in this forum where I can gladly exercise freedom of speech. Maybe you mean “inflation” - now that’s topical! Have you seen the price of butter and cooking oil!?[/QUOTE]

Sturgeon won't be around for long if post Independence policies are wrong.
    Tell me, as a person living in Scotland; how do you propose we rid ourselves of a Tory government which we haven't voted for in a very long time?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post

Your absolutely right. get back to the tooooons. Mind if I was a zombie-hun Unionist half-wit I'd have stuck up The Krankies 1981 Fan Dabi Dozi 12 inch remix. Your right also about Wyatts Shipbuilding superb.

“ Tell me, as a person living in Scotland; how do you propose we rid ourselves of a Tory government which we haven't voted for in a very long time? “

The problem is that Scotland voted to let the English choose our government.
    So there’s not much point moaning about the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    No conflation there - merely highlighting my dislike of the SNP and specifically Sturgeon, the plight of the UK (Scotland inextricably being part of the UK) as a whole and then to the “free everything” concept that Sturgeon seems to favour - my remit is not restricted, to any extent, in this forum where I can gladly exercise freedom of speech. Maybe you mean “inflation” - now that’s topical! Have you seen the price of butter and cooking oil!?
    Sturgeon won't be around for long if post Independence policies are wrong.
    Tell me, as a person living in Scotland; how do you propose we rid ourselves of a Tory government which we haven't voted for in a very long time?[/QUOTE]

Speak to Keir maybe, as other mainstream Parties need to have policies to make themselves remotely electable. The fact is that there is no appetite for left-wing Policies in the UK electorate, as a whole. A move towards the right was the only way Blair’s Labour swept to power in the 90’s. Too many, arguably, are supporting the SNP and its unrelenting obsession with independence as a means of trying to rid themselves of the Tories. I understand why but it’s a risky financial strategy with so many question marks over the fiscal implications of independence given our over-reliance upon ever-diminishing oil revenues and the opposition of many to renewables - Shetland is a case in point and the Viking wind farm has divided the community. But ultimately I do understand the frustration that you and many other Scottish voters share. No easy solutions, I agree.

https://youtu.be/0AvuweztG4Q

Right Fūck the torys & unionists 100x! Here's a tory sympathiser signing about his gay love for someone who died in the 50s . And so you should be fūcking sorry yiu cant

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast