+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 80s & 90s forgotten classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Too many, arguably, are supporting the SNP and its unrelenting obsession with independence as a means of trying to rid themselves of the Tories. I understand why but it’s a risky financial strategy with so many question marks over the fiscal implications of independence given our over-reliance upon ever-diminishing oil revenues and the opposition of many to renewables - Shetland is a case in point and the Viking wind farm has divided the community. But ultimately I do understand the frustration that you and many other Scottish voters share. No easy solutions, I agree.
    Fair play, it isn't an easy thing to consider (although I'd argue it is getting easier by the day).
    Many have an obsession as you call it, for an independent country because independence is perfectly normal. Ask those countries who chose it if they would like to revert to being a colony that is an afterthought in considerations for what is best for that country.
    We were told in 2014 that oil was running out and independence parties have moved on from that stance.
    Talking of risky financial strategies...

The only reason for maintaining the union, would be because you think things would be worse in an independent Scotland.

Just wondering what would be the tipping point? If thousands of deaths due to austerity, windfall, Grenfell, Covid incompetence & corruption, tanking the economy, Brexit, expenses scandal, partygate & having utter skid marks like Benton, Mogg, Gullis Leigh, Fabricant influencing the nation, what is? At what point do you go nah, this is b0llocks?

Speak to Keir maybe, as other mainstream Parties need to have policies to make themselves remotely electable. The fact is that there is no appetite for left-wing Policies in the UK electorate, as a whole. A move towards the right was the only way Blair’s Labour swept to power in the 90’s. Too many, arguably, are supporting the SNP and its unrelenting obsession with independence as a means of trying to rid themselves of the Tories. I understand why but it’s a risky financial strategy with so many question marks over the fiscal implications of independence given our over-reliance upon ever-diminishing oil revenues and the opposition of many to renewables - Shetland is a case in point and the Viking wind farm has divided the community. But ultimately I do understand the frustration that you and many other Scottish voters share. No easy solutions, I agree.[/QUOTE]

With respect SD when it comes to Scotland running its own affairs you completely lack imagination and belief, Perhaps you should start challenging the UK establishments mantra " Scotland ? Too wee Too poor Too Stupid " for run its own affairs. Start seriously looking at the potential of Scotland in an unblinkered objective way. You'd see loads of Small/medium-sized European nations such as Norway, Denmark, and Sweden Ireland are among the most prosperous countries in the world, well ahead of the UK.

Scotland shares many similar economic features with these countries, I'd be here till chucking out time listing the many many resources we possess, But right at the top is its people.

Your right to say Blair and Brown went to the right to get elected and in a way you make the point for Independence !!, Blair knew in order to be elected he needed to win the SE of England 159 seats in a very prosperous area that decides EVERY UK election. So its a bit more than " rid oneself of the Tories ! Scotland has different values from rUK Brexit,,, Iraq War,, and put quite simply WM does NOT work for Scotland (if it ever did) And again with respect your fixation with the SNP is obstructing your objectiveness when it comes to seriously looking at the pros of running our own affairs. I myself I'm not a member of any political party for me our Independence has nothing to do with any ideology of any party that I will decide once we are Free.

Among the last of Bill Withers’s sweet soul anthems, from 85. Bought the day after we were done by the referee in the 84-85 Cup semi replay at Tynecastle, only to watch the Jutes crumple like wet cardboard in the final. Useless coat tail-hanging wannabe irritant ****s.

Anyway, Bill… https://youtu.be/1CJdCr3kshE

Sorry in advance. Swans again

How do you turn a Swan into a soul singer ? Pit in the over till it's Bill Withers.

Oh dear.

You must mean ad infinitum!? I don’t think I’ve gone on and on have I? And, yes, I am also aware that independence would last longer then Sturgeon’s tenure.
    Ad infinitum or ad nauseum probably depends on whether we're allowed to have elections post independence.
    Either way, doubtful she'll be around long afterwards.
    Unless you know something I don't?

Sturgeon won't be around for long if post Independence policies are wrong.
    Tell me, as a person living in Scotland; how do you propose we rid ourselves of a Tory government which we haven't voted for in a very long time?
    Speak to Keir maybe, as other mainstream Parties need to have policies to make themselves remotely electable. The fact is that there is no appetite for left-wing Policies in the UK electorate, as a whole. A move towards the right was the only way Blair’s Labour swept to power in the 90’s. Too many, arguably, are supporting the SNP and its unrelenting obsession with independence as a means of trying to rid themselves of the Tories. I understand why but it’s a risky financial strategy with so many question marks over the fiscal implications of independence given our over-reliance upon ever-diminishing oil revenues and the opposition of many to renewables - Shetland is a case in point and the Viking wind farm has divided the community. But ultimately I do understand the frustration that you and many other Scottish voters share. No easy solutions, I agree.[/QUOTE]

I don't see Scotland, as a nation, wanting to rid itself of a government for which it did not vote as an obsession.
    More frustration at what is plainly a democratic deficit.
    And what's this nonsense about mainstream parties needing policies to get elected ........

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Sorry in advance. Swans again

How do you turn a Swan into a soul singer ? Pit in the over till it's Bill Withers.

Oh dear.
    Beautiful creatures, especially in flight, which they love to do loads and loads.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Beautiful creatures, especially in flight, which they love to do loads and loads.
    Aye Took the dog for a walk to Loch Skene the other day. 6 low flying Swans part a glorious sight but whit a noise !!!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast