+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 80s & 90s forgotten classics.

[QUOTE=Basingstokered;40125035]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

More of a evolutionist than a creationist if I’m honest.
    Christ min, don't start him off. Mason doesn't believe in Biology. All you have to do is pretend hard enough and biology doesn't exist.

[QUOTE=donsdaft;40125041]
    Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post

Christ min, don't start him off. Mason doesn't believe in Biology. All you have to do is pretend hard enough and biology doesn't exist.
    It’s not that I don’t believe in it, it’s that I understand it.

You understand that you can pretend it away.

Point and laugh.

Pretend what away?

As Vintage would say on polling day.

Cock and balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    Here’s a thing. I’m an old **** (other adjectives are available - a stamped addressed envelope to stewarty should do it), and have seen hunners of gigs in my time eg The Clash on the White Riot tour, The Who twice with the original line-up, McCartney at The Capitol, the 1979 Two Tone tour, Suicide, the bravest, edgiest duo I’ve ever witnesed supporting The (underwhelming) Clash in 78, Mink de Ville trashing the Wilko-less headling Feelgoods, Buzzcocks, Free, Stiff Little Fingers, blah blah blah, but up in the top 5 would be August, Coati Mundi, THAT band, and of course the ED cure that was the Coconuts. Aberdeen Capitol, a Sunday evening around 1982, I only went because there was a buckshee ticket going. What. A. Show.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Here’s a thing. I’m an old **** (other adjectives are available - a stamped addressed envelope to stewarty should do it), and have seen hunners of gigs in my time eg The Clash on the White Riot tour, The Who twice with the original line-up, McCartney at The Capitol, the 1979 Two Tone tour, Suicide, the bravest, edgiest duo I’ve ever witnesed supporting The (underwhelming) Clash in 78, Mink de Ville trashing the Wilko-less headling Feelgoods, Buzzcocks, Free, Stiff Little Fingers, blah blah blah, but up in the top 5 would be August, Coati Mundi, THAT band, and of course the ED cure that was the Coconuts. Aberdeen Capitol, a Sunday evening around 1982, I only went because there was a buckshee ticket going. What. A. Show.
    Your Who gigs.. was one at Parkhead 76 ? I was there and enjoyed immensely ! Tho like many I thought SAHB stole the show. Was also at the Two-Tone tour in the Palis tho it was called something else by then. Saw the Psychedelic Fur there inaw. Major gigs in Aberdeen attended Led Zeppelin, Bowie, Neil Young, Free twice at the music hall sadly Koss was so out of his face at the second it was sad,

PS the limerick was supposed to be complimentary hope you took it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Your Who gigs.. was one at Parkhead 76 ? I was there and enjoyed immensely ! Tho like many I thought SAHB stole the show. Was also at the Two-Tone tour in the Palis tho it was called something else by then. Saw the Psychedelic Fur there inaw. Major gigs in Aberdeen attended Led Zeppelin, Bowie, Neil Young, Free twice at the music hall sadly Koss was so out of his face at the second it was sad,

PS the limerick was supposed to be complimentary hope you took it as such.
    The Who at Parkhead in June 76. Aye, I was there. Little Feat FFS!!! I'd seen The Who previously in October 75, touring the under-rated Who By Numbers.

Two Tone was at Ruffles, a Hass joint on Diamond Street, next to the Cosmo cinema.

The Free gig, where Rodgers tried manfully to pull Koss out of the Mandrax ditch he was in was my first big gig. 50 (FIFTY!) years ago last week.

I had an O grade exam the day that Bowie played at the Music Hall, so missed oot. Led Zeppelin sold out immediately, so being 50 miles distant I had no chance.

I think Neil Young was at the AECC? I only went once (Radiohead 97, in top form) and hated the sterility of the place. We had a gig at the auld Holiday Inn in Boxy the night Dylan played at the AECC, so I missed out.

Johnny Cash and the Carter Family (nae even sold out) at the Capitol about '93? Martin Stephenson and the Daintees touring Boat To Bolivia at the Venue on the first day of the fitba season in 199*?

In endless time. In endless art.

I saw the limerick, thanks, and took it as a compliment, although I only ken a little about a lot and make no claim to intellectualism.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Well I'm only 47 but apart from seeing Billy Connelly stand up, 4 T in the parks and Madonna of all fkn people I've seen no other live artist or band.. seen a **** load @ T in the park but was always wasted by the first night.

I first saw Billy Connolly in the Caley Hotel in Inverness in July 1974 when I had a summer job up there. Solo Concert, the breakthrough album had just been released. Supported by a cabaret band who dutifully played The Hits and the chicken-in-a-basket standards, but, obviously bored with the sanitised artificiality of it all, ended by saying, “Our favourite band is The Who. Our favourite album is Tommy. Here are some selections. You WOT??? And by ****, they rocked.

Connolly was incredible. We’d seen nothing like it. Like a turbo-charged Dave Allen, and it was sensational. Six weeks later he was on the Saturday night Parkinson show.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast