+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 80s & 90s forgotten classics.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Let's assume we all want to help societies's most vulnerable members.
    The argument is how that's best done.
    One of the first things that needs to be taken into account is how we afford to.
    Priorities old chap priorities.

I'm afraid it's information given to me by pharmacists.
    Google says there are 4000 registered pharmacists in Scotland. How many have you spoken to?

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Yes, I agree - that’s also how the Scots are often perceived in England, largely I believe due to the SNP and specifically Sturgeon. With seemingly everyone in the Public Sector going on strike too in the UK I really don’t know where we are headed as a Country with the enormous debt increasing exponentially. Sturgeon f**** up everything she touches including education and is incessantly on about free this, free that, without any thought to who has to pay for it. God forbid if we go independent as that’ll be Scotland f***** too I fear.

Sturgeon is a complete power-hungry megalomaniac who I utterly despise.
    The myopic ways of your average Unionist never fails to amaze. Scottish In dependence is not about Sturgeon or Salmond or for that matter Truss or Johnson. Its about the people who live and work here in Scotland You and Me. Its about the values the priorities and principals of that people. I happen to believe Scotland is home to a unique combination of assets with which to build a prosperous equal and fair wealthy nation. To bring it down to some grudging dislike of a particular individual is desperate stuff.

Of course, the ones I have spoken to are just making it up.
    Alongside the many doctors I have spoken to on the same type of subject.

Free can only be free if it's respected by the population.

This includes knowing that it isn't free.

( answer to Mondo)

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    The myopic ways of your average Unionist never fails to amaze. Scottish In dependence is not about Sturgeon or Salmond or for that matter Truss or Johnson. Its about the people who live and work here in Scotland You and Me. Its about the values the priorities and principals of that people. I happen to believe Scotland is home to a unique combination of assets with which to build a prosperous equal and fair wealthy nation. To bring it down to some grudging dislike of a particular individual is desperate stuff.
    The dinosaurs of our country won't change their outdated 1950s views! Homo habilis or is it Homo erectus! Thats who they may as well be..

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Well said, stewarty27.

Let's assume we all want to help societies's most vulnerable members.
    The argument is how that's best done.
    One of the first things that needs to be taken into account is how we afford to.
    And possibly can we afford not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Yes, I agree - that’s also how the Scots are often perceived in England, largely I believe due to the SNP and specifically Sturgeon. With seemingly everyone in the Public Sector going on strike too in the UK I really don’t know where we are headed as a Country with the enormous debt increasing exponentially. Sturgeon f**** up everything she touches including education and is incessantly on about free this, free that, without any thought to who has to pay for it. God forbid if we go independent as that’ll be Scotland f***** too I fear.

Sturgeon is a complete power-hungry megalomaniac who I utterly despise.
    I'm a bit confused by this.
    Are you assuming that Sturgeon will lead the party of government in a post independence Scotland ad nauseum?

There'd be no more elections?

I don't see what Nicola Sturgeon, or indeed the SNP, has to do with the post independence, socio-political and socio economic landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I'm a bit confused by this.
    Are you assuming that Sturgeon will lead the party of government in a post independence Scotland ad nauseum?

There'd be no more elections?

I don't see what Nicola Sturgeon, or indeed the SNP, has to do with the post independence, socio-political and socio economic landscape.
    Independence, like leaving the EU, is a process, the latter still having 53 months to go before its agreed conclusion date.

My biggest fear is the current FM, and the individuals in senior governmental positions in the Scottish Government, do not possess the intellect, negotiating skills, grasp of pan-national facts, energy, and basic political skills to carry out and complete any meaningful negotiations. Emotion and sentiment, powerful in election campaigns and public pronouncements, are hindrances in such a challenging arena.

The Scottish Cabinet is chockful of party loyalists whose portfolio management abilities are, to be kind, ‘limited’. There also now appears to be serious fatigue, or perhaps arrogant fecklessness among them, most likely due to their length of tenure in an executive.

I’d have no confidence in any of the current senior nationalists negotiating anything successfully on such a stage or in any such forum. I used to have high hopes for Keith Brown, and Swinney at Finance, but that’s gone.

It’s little wonder that the signs are there that the thought of leading and winning a referendum campaign is scaring the pants off them. Actually having to deliver something of that magnitude would seem to be out of their comfort zone, due to its likelihood of being fuucking hard work in comparison to dishing out baby boxes and building a bridge. I’m still waiting for the Local Income Tax, and buying at-cost gas from the Scottish National Energy Company. Nah, both too difficult, and ditched on the quiet.

Make devolution work, by empowering local democracy, as was the interntion of the Kenyon Wright subsidiarity model on which the 1999 Act was founded (and indeed the failed 1978 Act). I want to see the whites of my political servants’ eyes, and currently, Edinburgh is as remote to me as the dog-whistle “Westminster”. Good boy, Rover.

Other than those described above, I have no strong feelings on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Independence, like leaving the EU, is a process, the latter still having 53 months to go before its agreed conclusion date.

My biggest fear is the current FM, and the individuals in senior governmental positions in the Scottish Government, do not possess the intellect, negotiating skills, grasp of pan-national facts, energy, and basic political skills to carry out and complete any meaningful negotiations. Emotion and sentiment, powerful in election campaigns and public pronouncements, are hindrances in such a challenging arena.

The Scottish Cabinet is chockful of party loyalists whose portfolio management abilities are, to be kind, ‘limited’. There also now appears to be serious fatigue, or perhaps arrogant fecklessness among them, most likely due to their length of tenure in an executive.

I’d have no confidence in any of the current senior nationalists negotiating anything successfully on such a stage or in any such forum. I used to have high hopes for Keith Brown, and Swinney at Finance, but that’s gone.

It’s little wonder that the signs are there that the thought of leading and winning a referendum campaign is scaring the pants off them. Actually having to deliver something of that magnitude would seem to be out of their comfort zone, due to its likelihood of being fuucking hard work in comparison to dishing out baby boxes and building a bridge. I’m still waiting for the Local Income Tax, and buying at-cost gas from the Scottish National Energy Company. Nah, both too difficult, and ditched on the quiet.

Make devolution work, by empowering local democracy, as was the interntion of the Kenyon Wright subsidiarity model on which the 1999 Act was founded (and indeed the failed 1978 Act). I want to see the whites of my political servants’ eyes, and currently, Edinburgh is as remote to me as the dog-whistle “Westminster”. Good boy, Rover.

Other than those described above, I have no strong feelings on the matter.
    Is that the old, "too stupid" or a new, " too incompetent" that we can add to the many reasons why Scotland should never be an independent country managing it's own affairs?

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast