+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 80s & 90s forgotten classics.

Not that I'm interested but if you put [ video ] before and [ /video ] after your link (without the spaces) you should get a more user friendly posting.

12 (TWELVE) minutes of utter fuucking genius.

https://youtu.be/cWKPa5ydBUA

Possibly the best fitba song ever:

https://open.spotify.com/track/4UA8E...TcyB9ZYICXnwKA

https://youtu.be/4aeETEoNfOg
    187M YouTube views

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Or the third-best song about the neo-imperial Malvinas farce.

https://youtu.be/y9gDSxJpH_o
    1st Robert Wyatt Shipbuilding ?
    2nd Elvis C Shipbuilding ?
    3rd Levellers Another Man's war ?

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    1st Robert Wyatt Shipbuilding ?
    2nd Elvis C Shipbuilding ?
    3rd Levellers Another Man's war ?
    Only two songs there, min. I prefer Robert Wyatt’s to Dec’s as far as releases go, but the Chet Baker tooter solo on the Punch the Clock original is masterful, and Dec’s live version in Edinburgh, the week before the Jandies lockdown was a good as I’ve ever heard.

1. Shipbuilding
    2. Island Of No Return
    3. Easter Parade

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Only two songs there, min. I prefer Robert Wyatt’s to Dec’s as far as releases go, but the Chet Baker tooter solo on the Punch the Clock original is masterful, and Dec’s live version in Edinburgh, the week before the Jandies lockdown was a good as I’ve ever heard.

1. Shipbuilding
    2. Island Of No Return
    3. Easter Parade
    Excellent ! Had forgotten about BB. SLF did a nae bad version. Ewan McColl also but his is more savagely Anti Thatch and has one line " So a couple of hundred Squaddies die so you could stay in power, Always thought Big Country "where the rose is grown" on the magnificent Steeltown was about that subject.

Sturgeon is a complete power-hungry megalomaniac who I utterly despise."

That I get.[/QUOTE]

No conflation there - merely highlighting my dislike of the SNP and specifically Sturgeon, the plight of the UK (Scotland inextricably being part of the UK) as a whole and then to the “free everything” concept that Sturgeon seems to favour - my remit is not restricted, to any extent, in this forum where I can gladly exercise freedom of speech. Maybe you mean “inflation” - now that’s topical! Have you seen the price of butter and cooking oil!?

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    The myopic ways of your average Unionist never fails to amaze. Scottish In dependence is not about Sturgeon or Salmond or for that matter Truss or Johnson. Its about the people who live and work here in Scotland You and Me. Its about the values the priorities and principals of that people. I happen to believe Scotland is home to a unique combination of assets with which to build a prosperous equal and fair wealthy nation. To bring it down to some grudging dislike of a particular individual is desperate stuff.
    Sturgeon is currently in power but I actually said “Yes, I agree - that’s also how the Scots are often perceived in England, largely I believe due to the SNP …”. And it’s “principles”, not “principals” in the context you meant it. Take oil out of the equation, most of which arguably belongs to Shetland anyway, and I believe that Scotland as an independent nation would be struggling with the likes of our current First Minister at the helm. Nothing desperate about not liking the SNP and/or Sturgeon at all as I do have the vote you know!? 😅

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I'm a bit confused by this.
    Are you assuming that Sturgeon will lead the party of government in a post independence Scotland ad nauseum?

There'd be no more elections?

I don't see what Nicola Sturgeon, or indeed the SNP, has to do with the post independence, socio-political and socio economic landscape.

You must mean ad infinitum!? I don’t think I’ve gone on and on have I? And, yes, I am also aware that independence would last longer then Sturgeon’s tenure.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast