+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Lincoln City v Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Another soothsaying point from me, there's been a lot of chatter on here and more so elsewhere on social media about us taking time to 'click'. I don't see any clicking going on, it may be that we are as good as we're gonna get, and maybe a team of half decent championship players trying to play a premier league style isn't what's needed in League 1.

Mind you, were our goals actually offside?
    It seemed a reasonable view given we basically threw together a team and had less than 3 weeks pre season. But its becoming obvious that whilst we have good quality players, the tactics aren't working.

We spend so much time passing it around, the opposing teams have sorted themselves out before we get within a sniff of goal, this league needs you to be prepared to be direct and importantly to mix it up.

If we continue with the tactics we are currently using, first it will turn off the fans and more importantly we will stick mid table, when a play off place should be possible. Still it seemed to take the Ipswich, Sunderland a couple of seasons to work out that.

Not sure about the goals, but hard luck stories can excuse only so much.

With regard to the 2 offsides..... nothing definitive from the angles shown on RamsTV, however, from those camera angles they do look really tight decisions.

We'll just have to trust the Assistant Referee

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

I suspect PP will be below 18k soon enough because most wont bother with it and you cant blame them during winter.
    Just looked at the available seats for Saturday's game against Wycombe. 5683 tickets left in the home seats. That's 24K to 25K even if they bring no fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Just looked at the available seats for Saturday's game against Wycombe. 5683 tickets left in the home seats. That's 24K to 25K even if they bring no fans.
    Lets hope the team turn up and we have a convincing victory on Saturday. I know most are glad to have team to support, but spending 3 or more seasons in league 1 whilst we work out what tactics work in this league will soon see attendances drop.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Lets hope the team turn up and we have a convincing victory on Saturday. I know most are glad to have team to support, but spending 3 or more seasons in league 1 whilst we work out what tactics work in this league will soon see attendances drop.
    Didn’t it take us two seasons last time? Expectations have been raised mainly by the sudden turn around caused by Clowes’ game changing take over. Four months or so ago we’d have been happy to be in the position we’re in but ‘project Derby’ and the alleged calibre of player we’ve been able to attract has led to some getting carried away.
    It’s still mid September and nobody said it would be easy

I know people make a point with the “we still have a club so be happy” but that doesnt mean we cant criticise performances, it means we can criticise them because we have a club

The slow keep ball has to go its long past its sell by date and its boring

I dont mind conceeding goals if we at least look like scoring ourselves.. we’re tedious to watch so far it needs to change

And that midfield meeds to cha ge, you cant have Hourihane, Smith and Bird in it . Its got to have some movement in it and sorry nut two of them need to go to make way for Knight (back in it) and Sibley esp at home, maube stick Hourihane and Smith in away

But Barky Collins Mendez Sibley Knight Hourihane/Bird would have us playing quicker and give better movement and create space

You cant fart around paying 1001 passes in this league

Lincoln will also now go back to playing in front of nobody now their cup final is done with

Back to City and Pool

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Didn’t it take us two seasons last time? Expectations have been raised mainly by the sudden turn around caused by Clowes’ game changing take over. Four months or so ago we’d have been happy to be in the position we’re in but ‘project Derby’ and the alleged calibre of player we’ve been able to attract has led to some getting carried away.
    It’s still mid September and nobody said it would be easy

Your right, it wasn't expected to be easy. BUT, when a pattern emerges of a team having the majority of possession but failing to make it count and it becomes apparent that teams are working out how to nullify us, then there is a cause for concern.

At the moment, the tactics are known, there is little variation, we take too long to get into attacking positions and we are playing a midfielder at right back, which despite Roseniors claims, cost us a penalty last game and he is more effective in midfield.

If we don't beat Wycombe, then more questions will be asked, we are good enough to be in play offs, but not using these tactics!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    when a pattern emerges!
    My extreme concern, which currently isn’t for relegation but IS for a season of turgid football, is that the ‘pattern’ emerged during the Cocu era and has simply been perpetuated by what appear to be his disciples. As we know from discussions elsewhere, if someone has a stance on something it’s difficult to persuade them out of it, maybe it’s time break the Cocu chain

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    My extreme concern, which currently isn’t for relegation but IS for a season of turgid football, is that the ‘pattern’ emerged during the Cocu era and has simply been perpetuated by what appear to be his disciples. As we know from discussions elsewhere, if someone has a stance on something it’s difficult to persuade them out of it, maybe it’s time break the Cocu chain
    Is that you suggesting that Rosenior’s days are numbered? If so, who would you suggest as a replacement?
    I do accept the points being made about the unattractive, unadventurous football and about the wastefulness of playing Knight at RB but isn’t it a tad early for replacement?
    I wonder if a more experienced assistant/mentor might be an alternative.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)