+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Lincoln City v Rams

Matchday Thread: Lincoln City v Rams

So, we reset after the IMO unnecessary cancellations over the weekend

Predictions anyone?

1-0 Derby. Don't expect anything too pretty, may even win against the run of play, but a solid defensive display and smash and grab goal will do nicely.

Let's celebrate 5000 games with a defeat....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Let's celebrate 5000 games with a defeat....
    Looks like you have your wish, seems the purple patch has come to an end, is this an unfortunate run of form or a sign that Rosenior's tactics are not what is needed at this level?

I was wary of his wish to always play out from the back, and play possession football, yes sometimes its appropriate, but there needs to be an ability to mix and match according to the way the game is going and teams will be quite happy at this level to soak up pressure and hit on the break. Losing to Lincoln City is not a good sign IMO, could be a long old season and maybe just maybe AF's concerns earlier on about not scoring were on the nose.

It's looking that way Swale, no goals/no good!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    It's looking that way Swale, no goals/no good!
    Another soothsaying point from me, there's been a lot of chatter on here and more so elsewhere on social media about us taking time to 'click'. I don't see any clicking going on, it may be that we are as good as we're gonna get, and maybe a team of half decent championship players trying to play a premier league style isn't what's needed in League 1.

Mind you, were our goals actually offside?

I think tonight was the first time this league is a chore

Sitting there listening to Lincoln fans take the pi33 and treating it as a cup final that novelty has worn off for some already

Some fans already saying they we be attending anymore games unless theyre top 4 and chasing promotion, you can entirely blame them because who wants to sit in garden sheds for 90 minutes whilst our lot try to break down a bunch of rabble opposition without ever looking likely .

But we were warned what to expect. The lino missed a blatant offside for Plymouth but both of ours were bullet flagged... that wont last.

I suspect PP will be below 18k soon enough because most wont bother with it and you cant blame them during winter.

Top 6? Not on those last 3 games sadly.

I think its time to do away with this possession stuff as well... its boring and it will not get us out of this league

Just go direct and have some fun ffs

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I think its time to do away with this possession stuff as well... its boring and it will not get us out of this league

Just go direct and have some fun ffs
    Agree with that, two big differences tonight, when Lincoln got the ball they headed forward, and they played faster. Allowing teams to 'set' themselves isn't working, I know I'd like a five minute breather before every time I had to do a task. Even when we win with it its a bit depressing but we aren't even winning, especially away

Official attendances won't drop to 18K or less. Simply because we have sold 19K season tickets and the holders of those tickets are always deemed to be present in the League. Add in away fans and some Rams..... always in the 20s

The "click" or "gel" can still come. It's not guaranteed though. Patience and hope are still our best friends.....

We're Derby County, we can't win away..... or score for that matter. Only EFL side without an away goal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)