+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matchday Thread: Lincoln City v Rams

Anyone but the current Preston manager!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Is that you suggesting that Rosenior’s days are numbered? If so, who would you suggest as a replacement?
    I do accept the points being made about the unattractive, unadventurous football and about the wastefulness of playing Knight at RB but isn’t it a tad early for replacement?
    I wonder if a more experienced assistant/mentor might be an alternative.
    Sort of.

For three painful years we’ve tried to play a pl/European style against feisty and knowledgeable opposition with journeyman/youth players and it ain’t worked, nowhere near. I disagree with most about no plan b, but that plan b has become making our least adept ball player hoy the ball hopefully out onto the wing where even good headers of the ball only achieve something like 10% success. And that being his plan b, God Save us from his plan c.

I am concerned that Rosenior seems bereft of ideas, even his substitutions aren't very good, he hardly changes games by them. We will see but if I was Clownes I wouldn't be making him permanent manager just yet. I did fear that Rooney would struggle in League 1, I was opne midned with his successor, but the signs aren't encouraging.

I agree we are unlikely to go down, though keep losing or drawing games we should win and that becomes a real prospect. Looking at various forums and social media (not always the home of rational thought I know) but most fans seem to be growing exasperated with, tippy tappy football, inability to capitalise on possession, more sideways and backwards passes than forward, inept tactics and poor use of substitutes.

I shall wait unto the end of October before reaching a verdict, but the signs aren't good.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I am concerned that Rosenior seems bereft of ideas, even his substitutions aren't very good, he hardly changes games by them. We will see but if I was Clownes I wouldn't be making him permanent manager just yet. I did fear that Rooney would struggle in League 1, I was opne midned with his successor, but the signs aren't encouraging.

I agree we are unlikely to go down, though keep losing or drawing games we should win and that becomes a real prospect. Looking at various forums and social media (not always the home of rational thought I know) but most fans seem to be growing exasperated with, tippy tappy football, inability to capitalise on possession, more sideways and backwards passes than forward, inept tactics and poor use of substitutes.

I shall wait unto the end of October before reaching a verdict, but the signs aren't good.
    The end of October seems fair...about the time things started to come together for Jim Smith if I remember correctly, although he of course was helped by being able to make a single season changing signing.

It's a question of balance between the manager rebuilding the playing side with an empty wallet whilst getting the best from the squad he has acquired or inherited. As rA says there's no Igor on the horizon so we are where we are!
    The impression being given by Rosenior is that his lack of knowledge beyond the PL is so limited that he is being asked the question 'if my methods aren't working can I adapt to the needs of L1 to achieve success? '!
    He says he is going to make changes so he needs to be given a little longer but if we can't beat Wycombe then questions will be asked. Each game after that will see the screw tightening and if the poor results (and lack of goals) continue I don't see him lasting beyond mid October!

Players aren't doing what he's told them to do. Can't change the players without putting lesser players in their place until January.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Players aren't doing what he's told them to do. Can't change the players without putting lesser players in their place until January.
    I don't see that tactics-wise, they can't possibly want to turn up for workand tw*t about in front of their own goal all night. They might however be being told 'don't' lose the ball and failing on that score. Just IMO

Case in point that I just thought of. Cashin cannot have thought for himself 'I know, when there's a goa lkick,I'll take it and pass it two yards sideways to my goalie'. we ALL have the worries every time that happens don't we?
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 17-09-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)