+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The fantastic and the frustrating

The fantastic and the frustrating

Thats a prime example of fantastic.
    Looked good on and off the ball,made Watford look very poor.
    Now what's the betting we revert back to frustrating against Luton on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Thats a prime example of fantastic.
    Looked good on and off the ball,made Watford look very poor.
    Now what's the betting we revert back to frustrating against Luton on Saturday?
    Generally speaking from this new slate and a new manager fresh start I feel we are a better side when Ayala plays. When he doesnt we dont look strong. It starts with him. Those 3 hadnt played together before last night at the back and if they stay fit we will end up finding more consistency as the season moves on. Remember we have had alot of injuries at the back in the first 8 games and that for me explains the inconsistency. A new manager finding out what system works best with the players he is seeing in action for the first few times. Of course it will take time to settle. Even more so if you lose your main centre halves. All at once. We need Travis in CM not filling in RB. He needs to always be playing next to either Wharton or Morton (who was excellent last night). He appears to have found a system that works. They were the best side we faced this season. I thought they didnt look up for it from the start. And didnt pose a huge threat as it turned out. But we did play very well. And I think he may stick with this 3 centre halves and thos system. We just have to accept we will lose games along the way. Losing games in the Champ isnt actually that big of a deal. We have lost more than anyone in the top half. Its winning. You can afford to lose games as long as you can win the next etc. Despite losing we are 3rd before tonight's games. Because we win aswell. Carry on like that and you get in the play offs. I think we we will find some more consistency now we have a stable defence. And we look like scoring goals and are not overly reliant on Diaz.
    The person I'm struggling to see a place for in all of this is Dack. He prefers Hedges. Who may not be a world beater but he is better for our side right now. He is more mobile. I think Dack will be used more sparingly until Jan where they will send him out on loan.

I rest my case

I rest my case
    Hopefully this means we win our next game

We probably will do champs.
    On another note,when was the last time after 10 games has a team had a record of 5 wins,5 losses and no draws.
    It's a bit of a bizarre record.

We probably will do champs.
    On another note,when was the last time after 10 games has a team had a record of 5 wins,5 losses and no draws.
    It's a bit of a bizarre record.
    It is all very odd, I must say. There is literally no inbetween. If we take the lead in a game, we normally go on to win. If we start badly, we tend to not get back into the game.
    The same issues still exist, they sadly did not leave with Mowbray as most expected. Those same problems that where here before Mowbray are still here now. And they will be here a long time after this manager leaves.
    The gate vrs Watford, just over 11 thousand. That's the one thing that will never change or grow, and that's where everything starts and ends. We can demand to swap manager, we can get some loan signings in, we can sell a few, get a few in but ultimately this will never really change. No matter of that's Mowbray picking a team, or JDT, or the next manager. The only surprise is peoples surprise at results.
    We are alot higher up than I thought we would be at this stage. How we get our final tally, whether that's a long winning running run followed by a long losing run, whether it's win/lose/win/lose all the roads will lead to the same destination.
    As expected, Mowbray is doing a very decent job with a fairly good solid side.

Can't really argue with any of that,as for mowbray he will do a solid job where he will raise expectations but fall short.
    Look I like mowbray and what he did for us but let's be honest,he wasn't the one to take us up.
    Time will tell if JDT is the man to do it.
    Won't be this season but I don't think anybody expected it to be.
    Back to mowbray,last season he did well as our manager but I feel the damage was done the season before.
    Elliot and Armstrong were a deadly combo and we looked very good,all to suffer that monumental fall from grace February onwards.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)