+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phillips

Phillips

Really saddens me to see him pissing his World Cup chances down the drain, kinda thought this would happen and was extremely surprised he moved this year because of it as I just never saw him ousting Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Silva etc unless there is some big injury crisis there.

Idiotic move for the sake of what? Some plastic trophies and a bit more cash in the bank for one year?

Sadly this is the modern footballer, guy could have waited one year, guaranteed himself a starting sport in a World Cup for England, played for his hometown club for another year on what no doubt would have been a 20-30k increase in wage then moved for his stupid money, plastic trophy years next year or even in bloody January after the world cup.

Now as it is, even for me Phillips can't be in that starting 11, Southgate loses all credibility for me if he starts him as he isn't playing gotta be looking at Bellingham, Ward-Prowse, Mount to fill those midfield spots.

Reap what you sow, from England player of the year to bench warming for a middle eastern oil fantasy team.

What do you really think, Joel? 😁

I see he got 3 minutes tonight. Did he even touch the ball?

Sad to see but at the end of the day it was all his own choice.

Joel hits the nail on the head.

One other aspect. We likely replaced him with 3-4 younger and very talented players with less wear and tear for what we got on the fee Our chances of making it through the season without major injuries is higher for any of these much less losing all of them. We lost KP much of last season and it was a huge factor.

It is sad that he threw it away for 30 pieces of silver and to make his agent money

He was schite anyway.good riddance .

If eventually Pep wants his full-backs to play higher up maybe then KP could be used in a twin double midfield role to cover full backs on the run.

KP aint gonna shift Rodri at City unless the Spaniard plays higher up to to enforce the City attack options.

For me Bellingham has more natural strings to his bow in the natural talent department & is still steadily developing compared to KP's rather coached-in attributes I'd say having seen him developing going back to Gary Monks reign.
    I've seen a few Dortmunds games on tv of which he's been highly effective for them.

Sadly KP's early years were under quite a few coaches with differing ideas as to how best use him until Bielsa identified his abilities suited a deeper role.

He wont be a starter for Southgates old trusted safe-tactics i hope as for me England will need that bit extra in that area to progress.

Sour grapes ?
    From me possibly but for England in WC we'll need more in his position than he currently offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I see he got 3 minutes tonight. Did he even touch the ball?
    Probably not but did a good job intervening on the two having a handbag fight -

Grass is not always greener, but I'm sure his bank balance is.

Just maybe his later injuries influenced his decision to move for big wad before long his best days will be behind him, he served Leeds well, good luck to him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)