+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/t morris

O/t morris

Another 2 goals against coventry to add to his tally sold on cheap and never replaced 👎

He'd have ripped this division a new arse.

If Im honest here, I dun't really give a toss what Morris is doing now at his new wonderful Luton Fc.
    Yeah its a case of would and could and should and maybe etc.. but he turned his back on us after relegation, and he wanted out.
    However, the fact that we haven't replaced him and maybe even haven't tried to replace him, is another argument altogether!. 😬

I watched the game! The lad commentating said he was their record signing!

Yeah and with the woodrow money as well surely a million wouldn't have been too much out of it to sign a decent striker which would complete the jigsaw 👍

Am not usually a 2hat but unless we've a sell on clause which is crazy if not hope he gets injured the sell out,cud av kept him till Xmas and made more cos he'll be gone to one of best clubs in championship end of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    Another 2 goals against coventry to add to his tally sold on cheap and never replaced ��
    You say he was sold cheap , assuming you must know what was the fee was exactly & do we have a sell on clause ? lets hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    You say he was sold cheap , assuming you must know what was the fee was exactly & do we have a sell on clause ? lets hope so

Well, to be fair we don't know what transfer fees are exchanged involving BFC in recent years- both incoming and outgoing. However, with the assumption that our finances are fecked, this assumption being based on that the directors had to put in over a million pounds into keeping the club afloat this summer, thadda thowt that to make up the finacial shortfall, we'd sell all our saleable assets with the first aif decent offer that comes. Now with all due respect, Luton aren't exactly a club laden wi a lot o brass. I wouldn't therefore think that Morris or Woodrows transfer fees would've been of a significant amount. Unfortunately, the monies recieved for those two will have been used to help pay off our debts rather than invested into the squad and finding a suitable replacement. The free transfers brought in this summer suggest that the club won't be paying transfer fees for any incoming laikers for the foreseeable.

Now, my gripe is, as I suspect Grassods are, is that why the hell can't we at least invest in some quality? Does our debt have to be paid immediately? Can we at not least give our manager a fighting chance of success by giving him a few quid to spend on a replacement striker and putting the focus on success on the field? Treading water in this division will kill us financially. Investing in a quality striker may well get us promoted which will yield much more financially

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    If Im honest here, I dun't really give a toss what Morris is doing now at his new wonderful Luton Fc.
    Yeah its a case of would and could and should and maybe etc.. but he turned his back on us after relegation, and he wanted out.
    However, the fact that we haven't replaced him and maybe even haven't tried to replace him, is another argument altogether!. 😬
    Morris was the only Barnsley player last season who could hold his head high. His ability certainly constitutes playing Championship football and he deserves it. I thank him for his great effort and skill in a Barnsley shirt. Sometimes I think we should learn to respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Morris was the only Barnsley player last season who could hold his head high. His ability certainly constitutes playing Championship football and he deserves it. I thank him for his great effort and skill in a Barnsley shirt. Sometimes I think we should learn to respect that.
    That's not the argument here Pass, his effort and quality is/was never in doubt.
    My point though, is that Im not bothered what he and others do with their new clubs, after leaving us. Some fans are bothered, and some aren't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast