+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT Mark my words putin

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Would never have happened if they'd listened to Ted Moult. "You only fit double glazing once, so fit the best: Everest".
    ....you daft bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Given the childish analogy, are you suggesting that there are no parallels to be drawn or lessons to be learned on both sides from that conflict?
    Of course not.

But I'm sure you could also learn some lessons from the battle of Hastings.

By the same token, are you suggesting that no lessons could be learned by studying Rotherham 6 - Chelsea 0? Or England vs Germany in 1966?

Everything can learn from everything, but that doesn't mean it's particularly useful.

Also, that wasn't my point at all. It was that we can't use Russia's performance from the 1940s as an indicator for how it will perform in 2022 with completely different leadership and equipment, much like we can't use our results against Chelsea in the 1980s as any sort of indicator as to how we would fare in 2022.

Do you really think that's childish!?

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Of course not.

But I'm sure you could also learn some lessons from the battle of Hastings.

By the same token, are you suggesting that no lessons could be learned by studying Rotherham 6 - Chelsea 0? Or England vs Germany in 1966?

Everything can learn from everything, but that doesn't mean it's particularly useful.

Also, that wasn't my point at all. It was that we can't use Russia's performance from the 1940s as an indicator for how it will perform in 2022 with completely different leadership and equipment, much like we can't use our results against Chelsea in the 1980s as any sort of indicator as to how we would fare in 2022.

Do you really think that's childish!?
    One thing I learnt from the battle of Hastings was - don’t look up when périple are shooting arrows at you.

Totally pointless in todays war fair.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Would never have happened if they'd listened to Ted Moult. "You only fit double glazing once, so fit the best: Everest".
    He ended up blowing his brains out didn't he Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Haven't there been four high profile people fall out of windows of late? A bad time to be stood near an open window in Russia me thinks.
    It saves on poison and/or bullets. And there's no doubt that they all jumped unaided.

I think Putin's actual goal is to control Ukraine's rich source of minerals and wheat production to control the West. Given that, he would be unwilling to destroy the country altogether.
    He does have a problem though, in the fact he has to win, other wise he's toast. Glad it's not my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    He ended up blowing his brains out didn't he Cam
    I'd forgotten about that. Maybe under duress from the KGB after supplying sub-standard windows?

Ot putin

Dishing out orders from a bunker, with family and top officials. Maybe just worried about a strike from the west?
    I doubt it.

Wonder if the locks on the outside?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123