+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Shambles engagement forum

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    The BBS had their Chairman (Gally) and Secretary (Loko) at the meeting.
    We should have had our Chairman (Roma) and Secretary (Animal) at this event.

Animal - the shares were in control of Paul Conway as an agreement had been reached for him to take control of the club.
    When that contract ran out the other directors stepped in and took control.
    No blame whatsoever can be laid at the door of the other directors - only in their belief that they initially thought Conway would do a good job.

I was told last night - us supporters weren’t aware of this - but the directors were seeing at first hand the bad deals that Conway was doing - and they couldn’t do anything about it.
    The new formation of the board is a new start for the club.
    Absolute nonsense , all shareholders can take legal action if a director isn't running the business in an appropriate way .

By your own admission Conway wasn't running the business in an appropriate way .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Absolute nonsense , all shareholders can take legal action if a director isn't running the business in an appropriate way .

By your own admission Conway wasn't running the business in an appropriate way .
    The directors (JAQs consortium) keep saying that there was an agreement in place for Conway to manage their shares.
    With control of JAQs shares - Conway had total control of the club.

The timescale of that agreement ran out - JAQ didn’t like what Conway was doing - so JAQ and Neerav joined forces.
    Their combined shares now out number those of Chien Lee and Conway.
    Hence, Conway has now got no power at the club.
    JAQ, Neerav and the Crynes are all saying this.
    So why should anyone doubt it ???

Between the lot of them they’ve plunged the club into debt, turned the club into a business that’s losing money hand over fist, run it like a set of amateurs alienating thousands of fans in the process, whilst the ground crumbles around us…….. but for some reason we’re meant to be grateful to them, bow down to their business acumen and strategy whilst we go from one cock up to another.

I’ve seen Sunday League clubs run better. Their answer to everything is that they’ll improve the commercial side …… still waiting and we haven’t even got a sponsor.

They don’t even send the bill when you hire a box

Some of the worst business people I’ve ever witnessed in my entire life. Faffing about achieving bugger all at the club sat like pillocks with their gleaming scarves they’ve just swiped from the club shop.

Jokers the lot of them

And you can bet that one or maybe a few saddos (Nudger and Pontyend of course), will just suck it up and accept it as though nothing is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    No one is asking you to follow anything.
    Including the club.
    My advice would be - if you feel that strong then stop following - the club.
    I’ll follow the club, as I have since 1967. As I have always done. In my own way.
    You followed the last regime, KISSING THE BUTT till you had your Epiphany, and now, purporting yourself to be the newest, biggest fan of the “risen again” board you tell me to stop following……..
    Who the feck do you think you are ?
    My advice would be
    Feck right off. You are ( and we all know it )… a laughing stock, that we all interact with when we are bored. You are an Ar@e Ickes of the first degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponty End View Post
    If only, but thats an excellent quote, aimed at someone who is yet again gutted they haven't got much to whinge about & are having to scrape the barrel to spread their daily poison about BFC.

Almost feel sorry for Jules88, animallittle & SRRed48. Norwood & Cole more or less ruined this fans engagement, we are supposed to be heading straight towards league 2 and yet we have a striker signed this summer (as promised) and one of Conways boys banging em in & getting us in a play off spot just a few days before the damn meeting, not to mention the young guns on fire. Life is so unfair.

So these 3 so called fans are reduced as normal to scrapings from the gutter, SRRed48 has tried 'the board hasn't changed' and 'Conway is still....(whatever)' type stories, but as usual with fantasists the stories don't run. He even refused to join me in condemning abusive Barnsley fans & instead bizarrely backed them. But their envy & nastiness towards the lads running the supporters trust sums these 3 up, some take actions in life & some sit on their backsides doing sod all but criticising.

This nastiness seems to stem in part from the demise & humiliation of the Conway Group. As i have explained previously only a numpty would have fallen for such a load of tripe but these gullible 3 had no such reservations & are still bitter it didn't workout! Of course they could still have the last laugh & wheel out that local new owner waiting in the wings they told us about, maybe soon eh.

Anyway back in the real world for this evenings fan engagement, and its more bad news for the gullible 3 as positive comments were made from the manager & chairman about the future of BFC. The board are investing more into the club to keep us afloat & its going take some time to get out of debt but overall we seem to have some competent decent people on our board. The signing of Duff was the key by the board, his presence is justing starting to seep thru the club & it will be transformative, expect a good season......if you can be bothered to go & watch the reds. So overall I'm quite happy with tonights comments, not enough to clap but things are much better than they were in May.
    I read this and laughed out loud…..
    I paid £700 x 2 for two season tickets ( both seasons) during the pandemic, and saw very few games. I’ve travelled up and down the country, in hotels, watching the Reds for donkeys years home and away, for years. In the fourth division, and above.
    I have probably spent more of my own money watching the Reds over the last 45 years than Conway, Lee and JAQ will ever spend.

Be very careful who you insult.

Just a couple of brief points--

1) There are one or two posters on here who seem unable to grasp the idea that is is possible to be both supportive of the coach and team, many over decades, AND also be able to be critical of actions of the owners.

2) The idea that Conway had total control of BFC and everyone was powerless to do anything about it for four years shows a basic lack of understanding of company law. Any group can put forward a motion of no confidence in the Chairman of the Board at any time. Conway was able to cause havoc with the club finances because he had proxy control of the New York Investor Group voting shares who held the balance of power. That could have been legally revoked at any time by the Investor Group if he was not performing his role appropriately. They did nothing.
    The Investor Group , Parekh and Cryne stood by and did nothing and now seem to be trying to shift all the blame for the financial mess onto Conway, having made no attempt to stop him. "We can't be blamed Guv" is the spin being put on events of recent times and, of course, it is quickly swallowed by our more gullible fans.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-09-2022 at 04:09 AM.

“But their envy & nastiness towards the lads running the supporters trust sums these 3 up, some take actions in life & some sit on their backsides doing sod all but criticising. “

I challenge you Ponty to Find ONE quote where I’ve criticised ANY BBS poster, ANY supporters trust member, or their actions.
    As usual, you won’t reply…… because when you are found out. You disappear for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    “But their envy & nastiness towards the lads running the supporters trust sums these 3 up, some take actions in life & some sit on their backsides doing sod all but criticising. “

I challenge you Ponty to Find ONE quote where I’ve criticised ANY BBS poster, ANY supporters trust member, or their actions.
    As usual, you won’t reply…… because when you are found out. You disappear for a month.
    I would go further Jules and would suggest the person who posts as "Ponty End" seeks counselling.

While the rest of us are celebrating the Barnsley win he is probably thinking of ways the result can be used to score points against fellow fans.

He is the classic example of the type i referred to in Post 47 above, the ones who cannot grasp that it is possible to both criticise the owners AND support Duff and the team.

To add to your challenge about him finding a post of you criticising BBS posters I would challenge him to find a post where any of the Tykes Mad posters have made a general condemnation of either Duff or the team this season. I don't mean the odd comment about individual players who didn't play well in a game or whether Duff was right to substitute so and so ---all normal fans do that -- or even a complaint about a
    performance in general, but a wholesale consistent rubbishing of Duff and the team.

As you say he won't reply as he will not find one.

Up the Duff.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 25-09-2022 at 05:02 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345