+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shambles engagement forum

Shambles engagement forum

In association with the Barnsley FC Supporters Trust, Barnsley Football Club are pleased to announce a fan engagement forum with Neerav Parekh, Julie Anne Quay and Khaled El-Ahmad, to take place at Shambles Street bar on Thursday 22 September.

The evening will provide supporters with an opportunity to discuss matters at the Club and talk with members of the Board in this free event.

Doors will open from 6:30pm, with the first half of the evening taking the format of an interview-style Q&A, led by the Barnsley FC Supporters Trust. The second half will consist of questions from supporters to the panel.

Shambles Street bar can be found situated next to 'Pieminister' and 'Russell Eaton'. The postcode is S70 2SW.

We look forward to welcoming supporters to the event on Thursday night.

Perfect location name

The "interview" with the Supporters Trust (Loko) will be like Nicholas Witchell interviewing members of the Royal family ---the sycophancy will be off the scale.

Ask them who was responsible for the Hex deal and what due diligence was done, as you said you would do when it was kicked into the long grass.

Is any member of the Board ever likely to invest a penny of their own wealth into the club ?

How skint are we ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The "interview" with the Supporters Trust (Loko) will be like Nicholas Witchell interviewing members of the Royal family ---the sycophancy will be off the scale.

Ask them who was responsible for the Hex deal and what due diligence was done, as you said you would do when it was kicked into the long grass.

Is any member of the Board ever likely to invest a penny of their own wealth into the club ?

How skint are we ?
    That would be my question SB and I'd like a minimum of £5m investing back in to the club .

That would only make us squared off mind given that's what these hyenas inherited from the late Patrick Cryne .

How skint are we ?
    Ask them ???
    Go and ask them thi sen !!!

I’ll be there.

Thats an excellent way of describing it, the shambles of a fan forum lol.
    All the usual apologist's will be there, just believing everything they are told. 😴

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Ask them ???
    Go and ask them thi sen !!!

I’ll be there.
    If tha thinks am going to waste my Thursday evening driving a 42 mile rarnd trip from Sowerby Bridge, not being able to evva drink, to watch a group of club sycophants and apologists brown nosing around Parekh, Quay and El Ahmad tha sadly mistaken.
    Every filtered question will be batted away with cliches, warm words and evasion as a sea of nodding heads meekly accept the answers with good humour.
    Besides Loko has already said he will ask my first question and I'm sure the Supporters Trust reads all message boards, not just the BBS, to make sure all fans are represented, and will have seen my questions.

Enjoy thissen Nudge but don't expect to learn anything new. You will come away with a warm feeling that everything is wonderful at the club. Job done as far as the club are concerned--easy peasy, putty in our hands.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 17-09-2022 at 04:28 AM.

Straight darn Dog Lane and inta Peel Square lotterum forra floggin !

As I understand it from what Nareev said when he became chairman was to judge them and himself on their actions .

So I am and have no reason to attend any forum what so ever given that's what he said .

His words , not mine .

Besides Loko has already said he will ask my first question and I'm sure the Supporters Trust reads all message boards, not just the BBS, to make sure all fans are represented, and will have seen my questions.

Just for the avoidance of doubt Loko (Supporters Trust leader) said on 12th August 2022 ( Post 87 ) in the BBS Hex thread when the discussion moved on to who at the club was responsible for the Hex deal and what due diligence was undertaken---

"It (the Hex deal) might get referenced ongoing as all mistakes are, but I don't think it will have a lasting impact. Doesn't mean questions won't, and shouldn't, be asked of the club, the next time there is an opportunity though. How we found ourselves in this position is still important (the Hex deal), even if that ultimately ends up being played down as a genuine and honest oversight and mistake"

This Shambles Engagement Meeting is that first "opportunity". Is Loko's word to be believed or will it be ducked and "forgotten" ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 17-09-2022 at 09:11 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast