Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
Seems pretty damning to me Islay. We just have no effective oversight of anything that holyrood does. Local opinion is constsntly over ruled in planning matters and the Conservative, Labour and Lib Dem MSP's who actually represent more Scots just seem unable to work to gether to show up the failings. I suppose in part it will be because they were part of the committees who approved the decisions. Maybe a different way of reporting the committee decisions could highlight how the SNP and Greens simply steamroller their views. Perhaps full voting figures are available? Be ironic if the other parties actually agreed with the decisions taken! Maybe it's not just a simple case of SNP incompetence and more a failure of Holyrood.
As far as I am aware the Holyrood committees have a built in majority for the SNP and the Greens who will vote on party lines even if it is a poor deal for the Scottish people.
The stupid Greens MSPs led by Wee Pat have stopped the improvements to the trunk road network throughout Scotland because Wee Pat wants everyone to cycle everywhere like him.
Wee Pat is another MSP who is only interested in the Glasgow and Edinburgh area of Scotland and he could not give a toss about any other part of Scotland.
Meanwhile the Transport Scotland bosses who arranged for 40mph stickers to stuck on every 50 mph road sign on the A90 Kingsway from just before the underpass for the Crematorium roundabout all the way to the Swallow roundabout for the Queen’s hearse journey have forgotten to remove these 40 mph stickers.
Sadly this is par for the course as far as the incompetent bosses at Transport Scotland are concerned.