+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marcus Stewart has Motor Neurone Disease!😢

Marcus Stewart has Motor Neurone Disease!😢

Just diagnosed with this horrific disease at 49.

A very good centre forward for a number of clubs.

I’ve lost two friends and a distant relative to this horror, the two friends were in the early to mid 40’s, it seems to affect this age group a lot.

I wish him well.

Yes, it is an awful affliction, one of my closest friends died from it the Christmas before last. I’ve just returned from Kinver, having attended the funeral of another old friend. The circle of old (Bathams loving) mates is getting a bit thin on the ground now; sad.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Yes, it is an awful affliction, one of my closest friends died from it the Christmas before last. I’ve just returned from Kinver, having attended the funeral of another old friend. The circle of old (Bathams loving) mates is getting a bit thin on the ground now; sad.
    I wish I’d known you were on the patch Kets.

Scientists say they have slowed and even reversed some of the devastating and relentless decline caused by motor-neurone disease (MND).
    The treatment works in only 2% of patients but has been described as "truly remarkable" and a "real moment of hope" for the whole disease.
    One leading expert said it was the first time she had seen patients improve - but this is not a cure.
    The MND Association said there was "mounting confidence" in the therapy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-62851186

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Scientists say they have slowed and even reversed some of the devastating and relentless decline caused by motor-neurone disease (MND).
    The treatment works in only 2% of patients but has been described as "truly remarkable" and a "real moment of hope" for the whole disease.
    One leading expert said it was the first time she had seen patients improve - but this is not a cure.
    The MND Association said there was "mounting confidence" in the therapy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-62851186
    This is great news as whilst it only works on 2% of sufferers it provides a gateway for other genes to be looked at, surprisingly it seems to be much more prevalent in people like sportsmen who exercise a lot!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)