+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cambridge United v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Is Wolfe playing ?comedy defending at times , fortunate to be leading this game , Aichison impressing again , non stop today , need another goal at least ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Is Wolfe playing ?comedy defending at times , fortunate to be leading this game , Aichison impressing again , non stop today , need another goal at least ,
    Shades of Tuesday night Roma , defence is all over the shop when the ball is in our box , stopping the bloody crosses might help .

Otherwise not too bad .

Need another goal of course .

Not looking good for Brad Collins

Kitchin the Klown 🙈 hangin on nar 😖

Good result from a scrappy game.

What a weird game that was , we looked in real trouble at the beginning of the second half when Cambridge went direct and route one , proper hanging on .

The injury to Collins as unfortunate as it was took the wind out of the Cambridge sails with the 10 minute stoppage .

When Kitching was sent off and the least said about that the better we completely dominated the game and ran out comfortable winners .

The scoreline doesn't actually reflect the game all though we were well worth the win .

Plenty of improvement to be made before I can see us as the real deal play off contenders but we are going in the right direction and clearly there is a strong team spirit across the group which bodes well .

A game of two spells.
    11 men sloppy at times and a worry at the back.
    10 men we looked a different class and with the substations we surprised them by taking the game to them. They were pleased to hear the final whistle running them ragged.
    Fitness levels v them for the run in was at a different level absolutely first class.
    Well done but not getting carried away.

What a bizzare game 🤔 am scratchin mi earrd ere , it could have gone eytha way , we looked dangerous and at our best when darn to 10 men and could have scored a few more ? Hope Collins is OK , Good 3 pts so well done lads , still scratchin mi earrd !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Good result from a scrappy game.
    Two poor teams.
    But thankfully Cambridge are worse than us.
    Our defence more or less won the game.
    Final ball by Barnsley is abysmal.

A few weeks ago Leeds manager praised how their players backed each other up when trouble started against Barnsley - the Barnsley players need to be taught the same.
    Also - Barnsley players showing naivety when it comes to getting the right decision from the referee - Kitchen was a prime case of that for his first yellow.

But other than the sending off - Kichen was my MOTM.
    Cole and Thomas put a shift in.

It’s becoming clear we have two weak spots in the team.
    Tinkerbell Williams - who has all the speed a player should need but lacks confidence.
    Reminds me of Wiseman.
    Aichison - who does a lot of work but not threatening enough - reminds me of Chaplin - would be good alongside a target striker (but we ain’t got one).

All in all it was a poor performance - because the final ball was often terrible.
    But good result - which will probably cloud fans opinion about the performance.

One thing I’ve noticed is the increase in time wasting and feigning injury on every foul that’s creeping into our game. I know it’s part of the game and sometimes needed but we seem to be doing it far too much and it’s not the Barnsley way.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast