+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cambridge United v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    The other night against Port Vale I thought our substitutions were our undoing & cost us a victory but yesterday our changes got us home with the 3 points , Cadden, Notwood & Benson all improved us & I give credit to Duff for bringing on another striker when down to ten men , it would have been easy to pack the midfield & try to defend the one goal lead but with a rookie keeper & plenty of time left it would have been a big ask but tactically despite having the numeric disadvantage he got it spot on & the credit should go to the players for stepping up when they had to.
    I know it's only one game Shad , well not even that , 30 minutes but we looked far more compact and comfortable with a flat back four in my opinion .

How well we do this season hinges on how strong we are at the back for me , we will create enough opportunities and we will take one or two .

Rack those clean sheets up and we could have a very good season .

I know there's little point thinking like this because what's happened has happened .

However with Duff at the helm and SOME but not all of the summer recruitment , the emergence of Kane , Benson and Cole to be fair at the lower level if we could somehow have kept Morris and Helik here we'd probably walk the league .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Am in same boat as thee SB. Can't judge the standard cos I ent seen any team laik barring 1 game. Highlights aren't enough to judge teams upon and the live coverage of league 1 is quite frankly terrible by SKY. I ent gorra firestick either.
    al evva word wi Fatha Xmas , so thee n SB need to put wun on ya lists 🎅 chuffski !!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I know it's only one game Shad , well not even that , 30 minutes but we looked far more compact and comfortable with a flat back four in my opinion .

How well we do this season hinges on how strong we are at the back for me , we will create enough opportunities and we will take one or two .

Rack those clean sheets up and we could have a very good season .
    I have got to agree with you Animal we certainly looked more compact but I am biased as I prefer 4 4 2, but I think the big thing what stood out for me was that Duff obviously had them well drilled as a four at the back & also we were reactive to the situation , we went down to ten men & lost the most important player in the team but we reacted to the situation where in a different world we might have just drifted on.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456